The minor in Musical Theatre is designed to engage students in the experience of musical theatre performance within the context of a well-rounded liberal arts education. Requirements are satisfied through classes in the areas of Theatre, Music, and Dance and are offered through the School of Music and the Department of Theatre Arts.
Declaration of the Musical Theatre Minor requires an audition. Please prepare 16 bars of an uptempo number and 16 bars of a ballad. An accompanist will be provided. For an audition appointment, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requirements: 28-32 credits
- MUS 116 - Musicianship Skills I (2 credits)
- MUS 117 - Musicianship Skills II (2 credits)
- MUAP 108 - Applied Voice (4-6 credits)
- MUS 220 - Musical Theatre Performance (2 credits)
- THA 105/205/305 - Production Credits (2 credits)
- 2 experiences: acting, stage management, design assistant, crew (cannot be in same category)
- THA 140 - Acting Fundamentals (4 credits)
- THA 200 - Voice & Mvmt for Performers (4 credits)
- THA 220 - Musical Theatre Dance (2 credits)
- THA 240 - Acting Techniques or THA 340 – Advanced Acting (4 credits)
- MUS/THA/DNCE - Electives (2-4 credits)