The Minor in Musical Theatre is designed to engage students in the experience of musical theatre performance within the context of a well-rounded liberal arts education. Requirements are satisfied through classes in the areas of Theatre, Music, and Dance and are offered through the Conservatory of Music and the Department of Theatre & Dance.
Declaration of the Musical Theatre Minor requires an audition. Please prepare 16 bars of an uptempo number and 16 bars of a ballad. An accompanist will be provided. For an audition appointment, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requirements: 28-32 credits
- MUS 116 - Musicianship Skills I (2 credits)
- MUS 117 - Musicianship Skills II (2 credits)
- MUAP 108 - Applied Voice (4-6 credits)
- MUS 220 - Musical Theatre Performance (2 credits)
- THA 105/205/305 - Production Credits (2 credits)
- 2 experiences: acting, stage management, design assistant, crew (cannot be in same category)
- THA 140 - Acting Fundamentals (4 credits)
- THA 200 - Voice & Mvmt for Performers (4 credits)
- THA 220 - Musical Theatre Dance (2 credits)
- THA 240 - Acting Techniques or THA 340 – Advanced Acting (4 credits)
- MUS/THA/DNCE - Electives (2-4 credits)