Online MGIS Degree Overview
(Pending WSCUC approval)
The online Master of Geographic Information Systems (MGIS) degree is designed for professionals who look for a graduate GIS program to enhance their knowledge of the analysis, management, and communication of geographic information. The program consists of 17 months of coursework and the undertaking of an internship of 400 hours.
- GIS 611 Fundamentals of Geographic Information
- GIS 692 Project Management
- GIS 630 GIS Professional Practice
- GIS 660 GIS Workshops
- GIS 661 Topics Courses
- GIS 662 Geographic Database Management Systems
- GIS 663 Remote Sensing & Image Processing
- GIS 665 Geospatial Analysis
- GIS 666 Projections and Coordinate Systems
- GIS 667 Programming for GIS
- GIS 668 Communicating Geographic Information
- GIS 669 GIS for the Web
- GIS 671/672/673 Individualized Study
- GIS 697 GIS Internship
Employment in GIS after enrolled in the program can be counted as internship.
Esri Training Courses
Six Esri training courses are offered in the year and topics include ArcGIS Pro, WebApp Builder, Geoprocessing Scripting, Managing Geodatabases, Sharing GIS Content, and ArcGIS Enterprise. Students also have unlimited access to Esri Virtual Campus classes.