Peer tutors assist students with course content and study skills. College of Arts & Sciences students can schedule an appointment with a peer tutor.
If you do not see your course listed, email email@example.com with the course information. We will attempt to find a peer tutor for your course. A list of local tutoring resources can be provided should we not be successful in obtaining a peer tutor for your course.
The goal of tutoring is to:
- help students practice, analyze, and/or deepen the content of a course
- help students learn and practice study skills related to the course
- help students identify next steps after each tutoring session
- help increase student's academic self-confidence
Students will be able to have a productive tutoring session by:
- attempting the work/assignment before coming to the session
- coming to the session with questions
- providing a detailed description of what they want to work on so the tutor can prepare and attaching the assignment to the appointment form
Each student can utilize up to two (2) hours of tutoring per week per course. Any student who requires more time must contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that students who miss three scheduled appointments with their tutor, without prior notification, will be unable to schedule tutoring appointments for the remainder of the semester.
Booking an appointment with a peer tutor:
- Go to redlands.mywconline.com and select the subject tutoring schedule to book an appointment. If you've not used the tutor scheduling system before, you'll need to briefly register for an account.
- Sessions can be 30 minutes to 2 hours in length. (You can adjust the end time of the appointment on the appointment form.) Please schedule a minimum of 1 hour. (30-min sessions are for quick questions only.)
- Sessions must be scheduled at least 1 day in advance and can be scheduled as early as 7 days in advance.
- Your tutor is able to make repeat appointments. Let your tutor know if you'd like to meet weekly.
- You can utilize up to 2 hours of subject tutoring per week per course.
- Subject tutoring sessions can be in groups of up to two students in the same course. The course, meeting type, and appointment length are set by the first student to book the session. If you'd like to have a friend join the session, they must book in redlands.mywconline.com.
- If you cannot attend a scheduled appointment, PLEASE let your tutor know by logging in to redlands.mywconline.com, opening the appointment, and clicking CANCEL APPOINTMENT. You can cancel up to 2 hours prior to your scheduled appointment time.
- When scheduling an appointment, please let your tutor know what you would like to work on and attach any applicable assignment(s) to the appointment form. (You can modify the appointment form at any time.)
- If you select an ONLINE session, log in to redlands.mywconline.com shortly before your appointment time, click on your appointment, and then select the red 'start or join online session' link. For IN-PERSON sessions, students will meet their tutor in the Student Development Center (ground floor of Armacost Library).
Department Drop-in Tutoring
Several academic departments offer drop-in tutoring in addition to the appointment-based services offered by the Academic Success Center (i.e.: Accounting, Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics, Math, and Physics). Students interested in drop-in tutoring in these subjects can contact their instructor or the department for a schedule of "drop-in" hours.
Accounting/Economics 909-748-8535 (Duke #207B)
Chemistry 909-748-8702 (Hedco #103)
Math/Comp Science/Physics 909-748-8110 (Appleton #123)
School of Music 909-748-8700 (Watchorn #102)