First Generation Recognition Ceremony
Check back in Spring 2024 for 2024 Commencement dates...
Thursday, April 13, 2023
7 p.m. - 8:30 p.m., Orton Center
The University’s annual First Generation Recognition Ceremony honors the experiences and accomplishments of first-generation undergraduate and graduate students.
Registration to participate in the First Generation Recognition Ceremony is required. Ceremony information and details will be sent to you upon registration. We have extended the registration deadline to Friday, March 24.
Please register here
What to anticipate at the First Generation Recognition Ceremony:
- Program will consist of a student speaker, a guest keynote speaker, and a pinning/medallion ceremony for all graduates.
- Arrive early, as the program will begin promptly
- Dress is business casual (no regalia, cap, or gown)
- Open seating gives you an opportunity to sit with your guests (family & friends)
- Undergraduates who participated in the STEP program will receive a STEP Medallion
- All undergraduate and graduate students will receive a lapel pin.