First-Year Student Checklist - Start Here!
New students, welcome to the University of Redlands! This checklist is intended to help you prepare to join our community in the fall.
Many items need to be submitted as part of the enrollment process after you have paid your admissions deposit and received your login information to the University’s portal, MyRedlands (call the Office of Admissions at 1-909-748-8074 with any questions about this step).
Please note the deadlines or complete these “to dos” as early as possible.
June To Dos
- Academic Questionnaires
These questionnaires will provide the information we need to get you off to the best possible start in your academic schedule. Before you answer, please take a moment to reflect on what you would like to study in college. Some of the questions might seem redundant, but we appreciate your patience in answering them all!
- The First Year Seminar Selections indicates your preferences among First-Year Seminars offered so we can try to match you with a topic of interest. (Due 6/1/2023)
- The First Year Student Academic Interest Survey identifies your areas of academic interest or your intended major, your foreign language interests, and information relevant to placement tests so you can be pre-registered in courses that match your needs. (Due 6/1/2023)
- The First-Year Student Writing Foundations Pathway survey guides you in chosing your first-year writing courses.(Due 6/9/2023)
- The Math Placement Questionnaire indicates whether you will need to take the online math placement test, based on your intended course of study. (Due 6/16/2023)
- Students must complete a mandatory Foreign Language graduation requirement. Language placement for ASL, ARABIC, CHINESE, FRENCH, JAPANESE, and SPANISH varies and is based upon chosen language, past experience (in class, at home, or abroad), and test scores. The Language Placement Questionnaire guides you through the language placement process for the language of your choosing. (Due 6/16/2023)
Housing and Off Campus Intention Form
1. Review housing information with Residence Life and Housing.
2. Submit the intention form through the MyRedlands Housing Portal. Students who wish to live off-campus must petition through this form.
3. All students living on campus are required to have a meal plan and will be initially assigned the All Access meal plan. Students may change their meal plan on their MyRedlands Housing Portal through the first Friday of classes
- Medical Forms
- Medical History Questionnaire. Students, with help from their parents/guardians, should complete and submit this questionnaire as it allows immediate and important access to a student’s health history. The absence of this documentation may delay or preclude appropriate care so please take the time to review, complete, and submit.
- Immunization History Form. Proof of immunization is required by State law. Please note that the Immunization Verification Form must be completed and endorsed by the student’s medical provider or be accompanied by the student’s immunization record or other documentation, as stated at the top of page one.
- Tuberculosis (TB) Questionnaire
- Immunization Exemption Form (for students who have medical
exemptions to immunization(s)
- Minor Consent Form (for students who will be under 18 upon arrival
to campus) Students who will not be 18 or older by Fall 2023 are required to complete and submit this form, which must be signed by a parent or guardian. PLEASE NOTE: The Health Center staff cannot provide treatment unless this form is on file, so it is imperative for those who will not be 18 years of age by (provide date) to submit this form prior to their arrival on campus.
Only forms submitted via the Student Health Portal will be accepted. Questions? E-mail email@example.com, call (909)748-8021, or visit the Health Center Website
. (Due 6/16/2023)
- Health Insurance Verification
beginning June 1, 2023.
The University of Redlands requires all students to annually provide proof of health insurance coverage. Students who do not submit proof of insurance will see a premium charge on their bill. This fee covers the cost of health insurance through the University’s selected provider. (Due 6/16/2023)
Students who are residents of California who do not have insurance are encouraged to see if they are eligible for Medi-Cal, a state supported insurance program which may be less expensive than the University’s policy.
July To Dos
- Student ID Card Photo
Submit a Photo for your Student ID Card
1. Choose a photo to use for your Redlands Student ID.
2. Upload using this link and select “College of Arts and Sciences” for the school. (Due 7/15/2023)
August To Dos
- Focus 2 Assessment
- Photography and Video Consent and Release Form
During your time at Redlands, you may be contacted by our writers or
photographers for a story, or you may be in areas of the campus we are capturing general images of academic and student life.
With this form, if you are at least 18 years of age, we would like to ask you to consent to having your likeness recorded for these purposes. You may also opt out. If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org (Due 8/7/2023)
- Financial Responsibility Form
to the Student Financial Services to review and agree to
important financial disclosures. Please email it directly to email@example.com
. (Due 8/7/2023)
- Student Account Balance
During the week of July 1, billing statements will be available on Self-Service Finance, the online student payment portal. Students will be notified via their Redlands email address. Various payment options are available. Accounts must be taken care of by Thursday, August 7. (Due 8/7/2023)
- Online Safety Training
In mid-August, all students will be required to complete an online course that covers important safety information about topics that affect everyone, including alcohol use, healthy relationships, and sexual misconduct. Students will receive the course link and all necessary information via their Redlands email. The course takes approximately two hours to complete. (Due 8/7/2023)
- New Student Orientation and Move-In
Attend the mandatory New Student Orientation from August 24 to August 26!
- You will receive communications throughout the summer that include reminders of anything still needed from you. Also, by going to MyRedlands, you can check the "My Documents" link in WebAdvisor to track any outstanding items.
- Please reach out to us if you have any questions! Here are some phone numbers that might come in handy.
- 909-748-8359 - Academic Advising
- 909-748-8069 - Academic Support Services
- 909-748-8074 - Admissions Office
- 909-748-8021 - Health Center
- 909-748-8030 - Professional Development
- 909-748-8019 - Registrar's Office
- 909-748-8053 - Residence Life and Housing
- 909-748-8047 - Student Financial Services
- 909-748-8053 - Student Affairs Office/New Student Orientation
More for Parents
- Consider a membership in Town and Gown, a nonprofit organization that supports the University of Redlands through scholarships for students, service grants for faculty, and the enhancement of the town and gown relationship
- If you want to keep up with campus news, consider subscribing to the Bulldog Blog weekly digest.
- Parents Day/Homecoming is in October!