Residence Life and Housing
Visit Residence Life and Housing on Facebook!
Building Lasting Communities of Learning
All students at the University of Redlands are required to live on campus for the duration of their undergraduate career except in specific circumstances. Redlands students place a high priority on creating a genuine sense of community in our residence halls. Hall staff members and other student leaders play a pivotal role in planning hall activities and programs that encourage students to grapple with social and intellectual challenges.
Our departmental mission statement is Building Lasting Communities of Learning. We strive to do this by:
Fostering the development of health interpersonal relationships.
Stimulating a dedication to responsible community engagement.
Encourage growth, self-discovery, and self-advocacy.
Developing a commitment to diversity awareness and social justice.
The Community Standards Process challenges all of our students to facilitate and evaluate what they want their own communities to be. Hall staff do many social and educational programs, and resident-initiated programming is also always encouraged and desired.
Each Residence Hall Community consists of a number of staff members who work to ensure that the communities are running smoothly and that our students feel safe to be themselves, explore their identities, and learn and grow together.
Housing Dates for the 2018-2019 Academic Year
- July 6th Connections Day Residence Life and Housing Break-out Session Presentation
- Fall Move-In (Any student with an outstanding account balance will not be permitted to move-in until settled with Student Financial Services)
- August 29th New students move in from 8-12pm
- September 2nd Returning students move in from 8-10am, 2-5pm, or 8-10pm
- Early Arrival Groups: Some students, new and returning, will move-in earlier than the published arrival dates as they are members of an Early Arrival Group. These students have prior permission to check-in at a different date/time and will receive additional information about move-in from their group's representative.
- Want to move in early? Visit the Early Arrival Request form on the MyRedlands Housing Portal to learn more about requesting an earlier check-in.
- October 8th and 9th Fall Break Study Days (all communities remain open)
- November 21st-23rd Thanksgiving Break (all communities remain open)
- December 16th Winter Break begins and halls close at 10am
- Spring Move-In (Any student with an outstanding account balance will not be permitted to move-in until settled with Student Financial Services)
- January 12th New students move in from 8-10am
- January 13th Returning students halls open at 2pm
- March 4th-8th Spring Break (all communities remain open)
- April 27th Move out for students not enrolled in May Term by 2pm
- April 29th-May 3rd May Break (some communities will close for May Term. See below.)
- May 5th May Term move in from 8-10am, 2-5pm, and 8-10pm
- Some communities will close completely for May Term (East, Fairmont, Grove, Melrose, Williams, and likely others) with residents residing in those communities for May Term being reassigned to new locations with similar amenities for the duration of the term.
- June 1st All communities close for the summer at 2pm