1. Analyze and develop a philosophy of education using theories of learning and teaching;
2. Identify the connections between California K-8 Content Standards and subject matter knowledge in Liberal Studies major courses, Liberal Arts Foundation courses, and courses of their second major discipline;
3. Communicate effectively in oral and written forms in a variety of contexts;
4. Model sensitivity to the diverse cultural, linguistic and learning abilities of all students;
5. Articulate understanding of a variety of teaching strategies to effectively teach all learners; and,
6. Effectively use education technology to enhance the learning environment for all learners.