Residence Life & Housing

Welcome Home

Housing Policies

The University of Redlands is a residential campus, and all students are required to live on-campus during the duration of their undergraduate experience. All enrolled students must complete the Housing Selection and Placement Process each spring semester to participate in the assigning of their housing and roommate(s)/suitemate(s) for the following year. For exceptions, please visit the Off-Campus Petition Process.

Residence Life and Housing policies abide by federal, state, and local laws, in addition to University policies and Code of Community Standards. Policies are developed to create a safe, healthy living environment for students. All students, faculty, staff, administrators, and guests are required to abide by the policies set forth by the University.


Housing License and Meal Plan Agreement

Students who live in our communities agree with, are responsible for knowing, and will abide by our Housing License and Meal Plan Agreement.

Code of Community Standards

To learn more about the overarching policies and values governing the University of Redlands, please consult the Code of Community Standards.

Studying Abroad

If you're studying abroad during the fall semester or full academic year, you must complete the Accommodation Request and Off-Campus Petition to be considered for these housing options when you return. No other housing selection processes are needed from you. You will receive the workshop information electronically to complete while you are away. During the fall semester, we'll contact you with information about selecting your spring semester room and roommate(s).

Leave of Absence

If you are currently on a leave of absence (LOA) and have indicated you'll return in the fall, please participate in the Housing Selection and Placement Process as a returning student. 

If you plan to take a leave of absence for the fall semester, DO NOT take part in the housing selection and placement process. You must schedule an appointment to establish a leave of absence by first completing the online Leave of Absence or Withdrawal form.