New Transfer Student Checklist - Start Here!
Transfer students, welcome to the University of Redlands! This checklist is intended to help you prepare to join our community in the fall.
Many items need to be submitted as part of the enrollment process after you have paid your admissions deposit and received your login information to the University’s portal, MyRedlands (call the Office of Admissions at 1-909-748-8074 with any questions about this step). Please note the deadlines or complete these “to dos” as early as possible.
June To Dos
- Intended Major Form
All new transfer students are required to meet virtually with a faculty advisor in your intended major department prior to registering for classes. In order to pair you with the appropriate advisor, please complete the Intended Major Form. Registration will take place mid-July. You will need to use your Application Status Portal log-in to access the survey. (Due 6/16/2023)
Housing and Off Campus Intention Form
All incoming students complete a Housing Intention Form
to communicate their living requests with Residence Life and Housing. If you are 23 years of age or older, housing is offered if space is available. (Due 6/17/2023)
1. Review housing information with Residence Life and Housing.
2. Submit the intention form through the MyRedlands Housing Portal. Students who wish to live off-campus must petition through this form.
3. All students living on campus are required to have a meal plan and will be initially assigned the All Access meal plan. Students may change their meal plan on their MyRedlands Housing Portal through the first Friday of classes
- Medical Forms
- Medical History Questionnaire. Students, with help from their parents/guardians, should complete and submit this questionnaire as it allows immediate and important access to a student’s health history. The absence of this documentation may delay or preclude appropriate care so please take the time to review, complete, and submit.
- Immunization History Form. Proof of immunization is required by State law. Please note that the Immunization Verification Form must be completed and endorsed by the student’s medical provider or be accompanied by the student’s immunization record or other documentation, as stated at the top of page one.
- Tuberculosis (TB) Questionnaire
- Immunization Exemption Form (for students who have medical
exemptions to immunization(s)
- Minor Consent Form (for students who will be under 18 upon arrival
to campus) Students who will not be 18 or older by Fall 2023 are required to complete and submit this form, which must be signed by a parent or guardian. PLEASE NOTE: The Health Center staff cannot provide treatment unless this form is on file, so it is imperative for those who will not be 18 years of age by (provide date) to submit this form prior to their arrival on campus.
Only forms submitted via the Student Health Portal will be accepted. Questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, call (909)748-8021, or visit the Health Center Website
. (Due 6/16/2023)
- Health Insurance Verification
Every student must enroll or waive the Student Health Insurance Plan
beginning June 1, 2023. The University of Redlands requires all students to annually provide proof of health insurance coverage. Students who do not submit proof of insurance will see a premium charge on their bill. This fee covers the cost of health insurance through the University’s selected provider. (Due 6/16/2023)
Students who are residents of California who do not have insurance are encouraged to see if they are eligible for Medi-Cal, a state supported insurance program which may be less expensive than the University’s policy.
July To Dos
- Student ID Card Photo
Submit a Photo for your Student ID Card
1. Choose a photo to use for your Redlands Student ID.
2. Upload using this link and select “College of Arts and Sciences” for the school. (Due 7/15/2023)
August To Dos
- Focus 2 Assessment
- Photography and Video Consent and Release Form
During your time at Redlands, you may be contacted by our writers or
photographers for a story, or you may be in areas of the campus we are capturing general images of academic and student life.
With this form, if you are at least 18 years of age, we would like to ask you to consent to having your likeness recorded for these purposes. You may also opt out. If you have any questions, contact email@example.com (Due 8/7/2023)
- Financial Responsibility Form
- Student Account Balance
During the week of July 1, billing statements will be available on Self-Service Finance, the online student payment portal. Students will be notified via their Redlands email address. Various payment options are available. Accounts must be taken care of by Thursday, August 7. (Due 8/7/2023)
- Online Safety Training
In mid-August, all students will be required to complete an online course that covers important safety information about topics that affect everyone, including alcohol use, healthy relationships, and sexual misconduct. Students will receive the course link and all necessary information via their Redlands email. The course takes approximately two hours to complete. (Due 8/7/2023)
- Final College transcript
To track submission of transfer student college transcripts. Final official college transcripts must be submitted. To be official, transcripts must be issued and sent directly to the University of Redlands. Hand-delivered transcripts, even if sealed, cannot be accepted. (Due by 8/7/2023)
- Transfer Student Orientation
For transfer students, mandatory New Student Orientation will take place August 24, 2023 - August 26, 2023. Other orientation activities will be occurring August 26th-28th but are optional for the transfer student community. During NSO, students will receive an introduction to our on-campus resources as well as informational sessions geared towards supporting students' transition onto our campus. Students will also have the opportunity to engage and connect with other students in their cohort in a variety of activities.
- You will receive communications throughout the summer that include reminders of anything still needed from you. Also, by going to MyRedlands, you can check the "My Documents" link in WebAdvisor to track any outstanding items.
- Please reach out to us if you have any questions! Here are some phone numbers that might come in handy.
- 909-748-8359 - Academic Advising
- 909-748-8069 - Academic Support Services
- 909-748-8074 - Admissions Office
- 909-748-8021 - Health Center
- 909-748-8030 - Professional Development
- 909-748-8019 - Registrar's Office
- 909-748-8053 - Residence Life and Housing
- 909-748-8047 - Student Financial Services
- 909-748-8053 - Student Affairs Office/New Student Orientation