How to Apply as a Transfer Student

A transfer student is a high school graduate who has completed courses at another institution of higher education. No minimum amount of units is required to transfer to the University of Redlands. Students may transfer up to 66 units from a two-year institution and up to 96 units from a four-year institution.

Admissions Requirements

For students with over 24 transferable semester units 

- Graduated from high school or equivalent
- A majority of transferable units completed in academic courses
- Completed two semesters of full time coursework with no less than a 2.0 (C) in any course
- Completed English composition, intermediate algebra or above and 1 semester of foreign language at the college level
- A recommended minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8

 Students with fewer than 24 transferable semester units

- Graduated from high school or equivalent
- Applicants will be reviewed based on their performance in high school
- Official SAT or ACT scores are required 

Application Checklist

- Complete the Common Application
- $50 application fee
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended
- Official high school transcripts, including proof of graduation. (Transcripts must be mailed directly from the institution to be considered official. Transcripts hand-delivered or mailed by the applicant are not considered official.)
- One letter of recommendation from a professor who can speak to your academic ability

 For some applicants the following may be required:

- SAT or ACT (only required for students with less than 24 transferable semester units)
- College Report (only required for students transferring from a four-year institution)
- Official AP Test Scores if applicable


March 1st, priority deadline for Fall
November 1st, priority deadline for Spring

Applications received after the deadline will be reviewed on a space available basis.

Opportunities to Visit Campus

We encourage one-on-one meetings with Admissions Counselors to discuss your transition to the University of Redlands. Unofficial transcript reviews may be completed; please bring an unofficial copy of your college transcripts to your appointment. Click here to schedule your visit.

Articulation Agreements

Articulation agreements are available for many two-year institutions in the Southern California area. Find yours here or use one as a guide to our Liberal Arts Foundations, or general education requirements.

Programs with additional application materials:

The Johnston Center for Integrative Studies

Students interested in the Johnston Center must submit applications to both the University and the Johnston Center for Integrative Studies. Applications can be submitted concurrently. However, a student will not be reviewed for the Johnston Center until admitted to the University of Redlands. Please contact Ashley Morris at for access to the supplemental application. Students will be notified of this decision via mail.

The Johnston Center strongly encourages visiting campus to experience the program’s strong living-learning community. Opportunities include overnight stays, classroom visits, and meetings with the Johnston Center Director, Julie Townsend.

School of Music

An audition is required for admission for those who want to major or minor in Music. For more information,contact Brad Andrews, Director of Music Admissions, at (909) 748-8014 or