The Internships offered by Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies are both exploratory (WGS 180, 280) and specialized (WGS 380, 480). They offer you the opportunity to engage in various employment and community service projects for credit. Internships can also be student-initiated, but these must be negotiated with the director, Dr. Jennifer Nelson. *Written Permission Required for Participation in WGS Internships.
The following internships are available each fall and spring semester:
- WGS 180.01 San Bernardino Sexual Assault Services (2-4 credits)--
This internship trains you to volunteer as a Crisis Intervention Counselor.
- WGS 180.02 Battered Women's Shelter (2–4 credits)--Train to become a volunteer for Option House, which provides shelter and assistance to battered women and their children.
- WGS 180.03 Gender Justice Center (Formally the Women's Center) (2–4
credits)--Specific focus of projects and activities negotiated with the Director of WGS in collaboration with the Office of Campus Diversity and Inclusion staff.
- WGS 180.04 Pride Center (2-4 credits) --Specific focus of projects and activities negotiated with the Director of WGS in collaboration with the Office of Campus Diversity and Inclusion staff.
- WGS 180.05 Planned Parenthood Internship (2-4 credits) --You will assist the Community Affairs staff of PPOSBC in the areas of community outreach, programs, special events, and donor development as they relate to family planning and reproductive choice. Build, educate, and mobilize the pro-choice majority in Orange and San Bernardino counties.
- WGS 180.06 Open Door Human Trafficking (2-4 credits)--Specific focus determined collaboratively with the Open Door staff and the Director of WGS, Dr. Jennifer Nelson.