Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
The B.S. degree offers students robust exposure to the core areas of computer science and provides the requisite background for graduate study or careers involving software development.
The required courses give students a firm foundation in computer science and a choice of related areas in business analytics, physics, and mathematics; electives allow them to tailor their program to their specific interests.
Students are encouraged to meet with computer science faculty early in their program in order to choose courses that will best prepare them for their future goals.
COMPUTER SCIENCE FOUNDATION: 6 courses
- CS 110 Introduction to Programming (Fall and Spring)
- CS 111 Data, File Structures, and OOP (Spring)
- CS 222 Web Application Development (Fall)
- CS 240 Theory of Algorithms (Spring)
- CS 340 Programming Languages (Fall)
- CS 341 Software Engineering (Fall)
COMPUTER SCIENCE ELECTIVES: Choose 3 courses
- CS 223 Game Programming AI (Alternate Spring semesters)
- CS 301 Business Analysis with Excel (Fall and Spring)
- CS 323 Mobile Programming (Alternate Spring semesters)
- CS 330 Database Management (Spring)
RELATED FIELD REQUIREMENTS: Choose 5 courses
- SBUG 610 Data Ethics for Business (M.S. Business Analytics*)
- SBUG 620 Introduction to Data Science (M.S. Business Analytics*)
- PHYS 220
- PHYS 221
- PHYS 231
- PHYS 232
- PHYS 310
- MATH 111
- MATH 311
- MATH 312
- MATH 201 or MATH 205
- MATH 331
COMPUTER SCIENCE CAPSTONE:
- CS 450 Computer Science Senior Project (Spring)
*B.S. CS Students are eligible to apply for admission to the M.S. Business Analytics program during their junior and senior years. Students participating in this program will earn both a B.S. in Computer Science and a M.S. in Business Analytics in a total of five years.