Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science
The B.A. degree offers students a great deal of flexibility in combining computer science study with courses in other fields, particularly in the humanities and the social sciences, leading to careers involving interdisciplinary applications.
Students are encouraged to meet with computer science faculty early in their program in order to choose courses that will best prepare them for their future goals.
COMPUTER SCIENCE FOUNDATION: 2 courses
- CS 110 Introduction to Programming (Fall and Spring)
- CS 111 Data, File Structures, and OOP (Spring)
COMPUTER SCIENCE ELECTIVES: Choose 4 courses
- CS 222 Web Application Development (Fall)
- CS 223 Game Programming AI (Alternate Spring semesters)
- CS 230 Operating Systems (Alternate Fall semesters)
- CS 240 Theory of Algorithms (Spring)
- CS 301 Business Analysis with Excel (Fall and Spring)
- CS 323 Mobile Programming (Alternate Spring semesters)
- CS 330 Database Management (Spring)
- CS 340 Programming Languages (Alternate Fall semesters)
- CS 341 Software Engineering (Fall)
RELATED FIELD REQUIREMENTS: Choose 2 courses
- SBUG 410 Data Ethics for Business (M.S. Business Analytics*)
- SBUG 420 Data Science Foundations (M.S. Business Analytics*)
- GIS 411 Fundamentals of Geographic Information (Credited toward a M.S. GIS degree**)
- GIS 467 Project Concept & Scope (Credited toward a M.S. GIS **)
- MATH 111 Elementary Statistics with Applications or POLI 202 Statistical Analysis and Mapping of Social Science Data or PSYC 250 Statistical Methods
- MATH 121 (Calculus I) or MATH 119 (Integrated Calculus II)
COMPUTER SCIENCE CAPSTONE
- CS 450 Computer Science Senior Project (Spring)
*B.A. CS Students are eligible to apply for admission to the M.S. Business Analytics program during their junior and senior years. Students participating in this program will earn both a B.A. in Computer Science and a M.S. in Business Analytics in a total of five years.
** B.A. CS students are eligible to apply for admission to the M.S. GIS program during the end of their junior year. Students can earn a B.A. CS degree while concurrently pursuing the M.S. GIS degree.