FYJ Trip Cost
Adventures cost money and FYJ is worth it!
We're committed to ensuring that cost is not a barrier for anyone who wants to participate in FYJ. Our goal is to provide equitable opportunities for all students, while still having the program remain financially sustainable.
As an optional pre-orientation program, FYJ’s are not part of student tuition, and paid for separately. They’re a significant investment from the University, both in terms of leadership, equipment and overhead, but also in making the trips happen. Accommodations, food, outfitters, supplies and transportation all cost money. 52% of our past 2022 FYJ participants received a partial or full fee waiver, with 15 students attending for zero cost.
- Trip fees for FYJ will range from $0 - $495 for the week, which includes all accommodations, travel, food, equipment rentals and activity costs.
- For 2023, each student’s trip fee will be determined by their financial aid package, FASFA and Estimated Family Contribution (EFC).
- Students will automatically be considered for a full or partial fee waiver based on their financial situation.
- Each applicant will receive their FYJ trip fee information with trip assignments on July 15th. Additional resources for financial support will be available at that time.
- Find your adventure and preview the trips!
- Complete the registration form. Once you complete the registration form, we will contact you with next steps.
- Contact our team if you have any questions or request more information.