University of Redlands Immunization INformation

In this section:
Vaccination Attestation | Immunization FAQ | Vaccination Expectations


Submit Vaccination Attestation Form

The University of Redlands requires all students to be vaccinated as a condition of enrollment as stated in the Vaccination Expectations. To accomplish this, new students must list their vaccination via the Vaccination Attestation Form located in the student's Self Service Portal: click on User Options and then find Student Checklist. If you are having trouble navigating the checklist, please view the short tutorial found on our New Student Experience page.


Immunization FAQ

Why do I need to fill out these forms?

The University of Redlands cares about the health of our students, whether you live on or off-campus. The Vaccination Attestation form ensures that your vaccinations are up to date and protect from certain infectious diseases. 

What happens if I don’t complete and submit the attestation form?

Due to the heightened risk of transmission of disease in close quarters, students residing on campus who do not complete and submit the attestation form will not be issued their room key. Students living off-campus who do not complete and submit the attestation may have a hold place on their record.  

Why are immunizations required?

The University of Redlands follows guidelines for colleges and universities provided by the state of California and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).  Vaccines protect students from diseases that can derail academic progress.  Everyone on campus, including faculty, staff and visitors--and especially the most vulnerable among us--is safer when students are vaccinated, thanks to the power of community (or herd) immunity.

What immunizations are required for me to attend the University of Redlands?

  • Measles, Mumps, Rubela (MMR):  series of 2 vaccines

  • Varicella (chickenpox):  series of 2 vaccines

  • Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis (Tdap): to include proof of a booster shot of Td or Tdap within the last 10 years

  • Hepatitis B:  series of 3 vaccines

  • Meningococcal: at least one vaccine at age 16 or older                                              

Can I upload a copy of my immunization card instead of filling out the immunization history form?

No. Simply select the immunizations you've received on the Vaccination Attestation Statement.


What if I’ve had these immunizations but cannot obtain records?

You can contact your pediatrician’s office, local school district, previous college, etc. and ask if they have your records. For COVID records, the state in which you received your vaccination should have a record of the injection(s).  "Google COVID testing record [insert STATE]."  If you cannot confirm the necessary vaccination(s).

You may test for immunity if you have received the MMR, varicella, and/or hepatitis B vaccines in the past by doing a blood draw called a titer through a medical provider.  If the titer for a specific disease shows that you’re not immune, you need to get vaccinated or re-vaccinated.  Tests for immunity are not available for meningococcal or Tdap so you will need to be vaccinated.  

Are vaccination exemptions considered?

Only medical exemptions will be considered for vaccinations.  Exemption for medical reasons may be communicated on the Vaccination Attestation Form. 

I have questions about this requirement. Who can I contact for questions?

If you have questions regarding the attestation form, required vaccines, immunity, or exemptions, please email or call Student Affairs at or 909-748-8053.

Helpful tip:

Do not wait until the last minute to work on your vaccination form.  Give yourself ample time to schedule an appointment with your healthcare provider should any immunizations be missing or expired.