Following the professional accreditation of the University of Redlands School of Business at the end of last year, the School has established the Omicron Theta Chapter of Delta Mu Delta.
“Delta Mu Delta is the first and only international business honor society in our School’s history,” says School of Business Associate Dean Keith Roberts, who is faculty advisor and secretary of the new chapter. “This special honor [is] now available to our very best students.”
“I am thrilled to be involved in this new enterprise,” says Karisa Schroeder ’18, who is the U of R chapter’s inaugural president, “and I am proud that we have inducted 19 students or recent graduates during our first year.”
Additional students will be inducted into the society in March 2019. Membership is reserved for School of Business students who are in the top 10 percent of their class (minimum GPA of 3.50 for undergraduate and 3.75 for graduate students) and who have completed at least 75 percent of the work required for their degree.
Delta Mu Delta has a distinguished history that dates back to its founding by faculty members from Harvard, Yale, and New York Universities in 1913. Today, Delta Mu Delta is closely affiliated with the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Not to be confused with Greek life, which consists of the sororities and fraternities, honor societies recognize excellence among peers, often in specific fields or circumstances.
In addition to Delta Mu Delta, scholastic honor societies and programs at the University of Redlands include:
- Gamma Sigma Alpha (Greek life)
- Kappa Pi (international art society)
- Mortar Board (scholarship, leadership, service)
- Omicron Delta Epsilon (economics)
- Omicron Delta Kappa (leadership)
- Order of Omega (Greek letter leadership)
- Phi Alpha Theta Seniors (history)
- Phi Beta Kappa (liberal arts and sciences)
- Phi Sigma (biological sciences)
- Pi Kappa Lambda (music)
- Pi Mu Epsilon (math)
- Pi Sigma Alpha (political science)
- Proudian Scholars (interdisciplinary studies)
- Psi Chi (psychology)
- Scholar-Athletes (athletes with a GPA of 3.5 or more)
- Sigma Delta Pi (Hispanic)
- Sigma Iota Rho (international studies)
- Sigma Tau Delta (English)
- Theta Alpha Kappa (religious studies)
- Whitehead Leadership Society
See www.redlands.edu for more information on academic opportunities at the University of Redlands.