In light of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), Student Financial Services (SFS) has closed our location in Willis Center and transitioned our team to work remotely. While this transition may result in slightly longer response times, we remain committed to serving our students and families at the highest level possible and appreciate your understanding during this time.
We are still available to assist you, for questions regarding your financial aid or student account please contact us via email at SFS@redlands.edu or 909-748-8047. You can also access all your financial aid and student account information in Self-Service, accessed through my.redlands.edu. Below you will find frequently asked questions.
SFS has transitioned our team to work from home, but we are still available to help. Please contact us at:
909-748-8047 or SFS@redlands.edu. You can also access all your financial aid and student account information in Self-Service, accessed through my.redlands.edu.
If you have experienced a change in your financial circumstance, you can complete a Special Circumstance Appeal form. Requests are reviewed by a financial aid committee, who may adjust your eligibility for aid. For more information on the Special Circumstance Appeal process please visit Special Circumstances.
If you need an extension on your April 15th monthly payment plan payment, please submit a request in writing to SFS@redlands.edu. Requests for payment plan extensions will be reviewed and granted for up to 15 additional days.
Student Financial Services will continue to issue refund checks once a week. All students will receive financial aid refunds within 14 days of the credit occurring.
While the delivery of coursework is changing, University of Redlands will be holding classes for the remainder of the semester, therefore tuition reimbursement will not be provided.
Most students will receive a partial, prorated room and board credit applicable to expenses during the 2020-2021 academic year; a fewer number of students (e.g. those graduating this year) will receive a partial, prorated room and board refund. Additional details will be forthcoming.
If you have an outstanding balance for Spring 2020, your partial prorated refund will be applied towards your remaining balance. If you are enrolled in a monthly payment plan, your April 15th payment will be reduced by the amount of your room and meal plan credit. If you need your room and meal plan credit now to cover expenses, please contact Student Financial Services at SFS@redlands.edu. We will honor these requests once the credit has been processed. Additional details will be forthcoming.
Student Financial Services will utilize a five-step process to issue refunds or credits to CAS undergraduates living on campus as a result of closing the residence halls early due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The steps are as follows:
1. We will calculate a partial pro-rated per student refund of meal plan charges based on recoverable costs as of the date the residence halls closed, March 20, 2020. The partial pro-rated amount will represent 12.19% of the total amount charged.
2. We will calculate a partial pro-rated per student refund of housing charges based on recoverable costs as of the date the residence halls closed, March 20, 2020. The partial pro-rated amount will represent 12.19% of the total amount charged.
3. If a student currently has an outstanding student account balance, we will apply the pro-rated room and meal plan credit against the amount the student’s outstanding balance. There is a possibility that the amount the student currently owes offsets the total and there is no refund going to the student.
4. Student Financial Services will review the terms of each student's financial aid award to determine if scholarship must be reduced as a result of the change in their room and meal plan charges. When a student’s scholarship or grant assists in covering the cost of room and meal plan and the credit exceeds the amount owed to the University, the award will be adjusted so as to zero the account. Students whose financial aid must be changed will be individually updated.
5. For students who do not have an outstanding student account balance, did not receive financial aid toward the cost of room and meal plan, and are not a graduating senior, SFS will calculate the adjusted amounts and the difference will be applied as a credit toward their Fall 2020 student account balance. If the student is a graduating senior, the credit amount on their account after the previous four steps noted above will be refunded in accordance with the University's refund policy.
If you need your room and meal plan credit now to cover expenses, please contact Student Financial Services at SFS@redlands.edu. We will honor these requests once the credit has been processed.
The SFS team will begin reviewing accounts and processing refunds this week. Please allow 7-14 business days to apply updates and credits for impacted students. Students who have a monthly payment due on April 15 will have their room and meal plan adjustment completed in advance of the payment due date. We appreciate your patience as we work through this unprecedented event.
While the delivery of coursework is changing, University of Redlands will be holding classes and providing services for students for the remainder of the semester. We recognize that for the final month of the Spring 2020 semester you are not physically able to be on campus, but we will continue to support you with online resources and support, therefore ASUR fee reimbursement will not be provided.
Academic accommodations, travel arrangements, and room and meal plan prorations are based on an individual’s location and program. Please follow the instructions that have been provided for guidance on next steps.
University of Redlands is working closely with all of our study abroad partners to determine if students are eligible for room and meal plan credits.
Students who are eligible to complete their Spring 2020 coursework through an alternative formats and ultimately earn academic credit will not receive a tuition reimbursement. For students who are not eligible to complete their Spring 2020 coursework, we are working closely with their study abroad program to determine what tuition credit each student may receive.
Additional information will be provided to students studying abroad regarding their unique scenario beginning the week of April 13th, we appreciate your patience as we work through this unprecedented event.
A change in your classes grading system to Credit/No credit will not impact your financial aid eligibility. Completion of a course with a grade of CR counts as satisfactory completion for financial aid purposes.
We recommend that you submit all documents via the Student Financial Services Online File Submission webpage for fastest processing times. If you prefer, you may fax documents to 909-335-5399 or mail to: Student Financial Services 1200 E. Colton Ave Redlands, CA 92373.
If you have a document that requires in person verification, please reach out to SFS@redlands.edu for alternative options.
Investing in a quality education at the University of Redlands is an exciting step to reach your goals. Student Financial Services is here to assist you by providing financial aid opportunities and financing options to afford a Redlands education.