Fletcher Jones Foundation Computer Center
Information Technology Services is pleased to announce the completion of the Fletcher Jones Foundation Computer Center renovation.
The renovation consists of 5 newly created open collaborative learning spaces, main lab, class lab, and a state-of-the-art makerspace.
One of the core visions in the renovation was to transform structured solitary workspaces into a flexible bustling venue, where bringing your own device provides an opportunity to augment the educational experience. In the new learning spaces students can now:
- collaborate or work individually depending on their needs,
- easily connecting and sharing their work through large TV screens,
- navigate the space more readily, and
- reconfigure the furniture to fit the needs of the project.
The expansion of our Makerspace now includes digital fabrication, rapid prototyping, 3-D printing, usage of augmented and virtual realities to solve complex problems. See images of the Makerspace transition here.
Working with OCPD (Office of Career and Professional Development), smaller collaborative learning spaces can be utilized for video interviews to connect students with their future goals as well as connecting with others for course assignments.
To book our collaborative learning spaces (CLS).
Please be aware that COVID protocols are in place for any CLS usage:
Key information to remember:
- Maintain face covering when in the presence of others.
- Fill out the daily health check/screening.
- Check your temperature. A PopID is located at the main entrance to the library building.
- Clean the CLS space after use.
Fall Academic Hours
Monday - Thursday: 8 am to 10 pm
Friday: 8 am to 5 pm
Saturday: 9 am to 5 pm
Sunday: Main Lab Closed, CLS open based on reservation.