UR Ready for Students & Families

COVID-19 Preparedness

UR Ready for Students & Families

While U of R students are all different—comprising undergraduates and graduate students, residential and commuter students, traditional-college-age students and working professionals—we're all in this together. 

As members of the U of R community, we are all united in our responsibility for doing everything we can to keep each other safe.

COVID-19 FAQ for Students & Families

Campus Life


Will I have to wear a face-covering when I’m on campus?

Yes, face-coverings are required in the presence of others, both indoors and outdoors, when in any common/public space used by others.  Coverings may consist of a bandana, surgical mask, scarf, etc., and must fully shield the mouth and nose.  The University will make two face-coverings available to every student and employee.

What if I am unable to wear a face-covering for medical reasons?

If University employees or students are unable to wear a face-covering due to a documented medical condition, they will be provided with a non-restrictive alternative, such as a face shield with a drape attached at the bottom.  Those seeking this alternative must provide medical documentation to Administrative Services Project Manager Leonette Abbey.  Face shields are only sufficient covering when they include a drape attached to the bottom edge.

Will I be expected to complete a daily health check/screening? How do I do that?

All members of the University community who work and/or reside on campus, or plan to be on campus, even if only for a short period of time, should complete the daily health-assessment before coming to campus or exiting their residential community.  This assessment can be found on the Redlands app (tap the Redlands Ready tile, then tap the health self-assessment prompt at the top) and allows users to confirm the absence of COVID-19 symptoms as defined by the CDC. Primary symptoms include fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing.  While non-specific, these symptoms are also associated with COVID-19:  muscle pain, headache, sore throat, the new loss of taste or smell, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, nasal congestion, and/or runny nose.

Proof of a positive outcome, a green check-mark, visible on the app, will be required to enter most campus locations, including dining venues, office suites, classrooms, and the Armacost Library.  Note, the system will default to a red check-mark, which restricts access, if the student is not in compliance with the testing protocol.

What about temperature checks?

Those needing to complete the health assessment are expected to check their temperature at least one time per day.  PopID thermometer devices, which allow for rapid temperature taking, have been installed across campus.  A map of the device locations will be available on the Redlands Ready app.  These devices are contact-free and will take the temperature of those who pause in front of a screen.  Users can opt-in to facial recognition technology which allows a status badge, green or red, to appear on the user’s phone; however, facial recognition is not required for a temperature check, and use of the facial recognition technology will not be required for access to any location on the Redlands campus.  Users are encouraged to learn more about facial recognition before opting into the technology.[i]


[i] Facial recognition references:



Am I expected to clean/disinfect shared spaces that I have used?

When entering and exiting shared spaces, like classrooms, everyone is expected to disinfect the space they occupy/occupied and we should all regularly disinfect personal items (such as hand-held devices and pens), especially after being in shared spaces. 

To aid in the disinfecting of space and property, sanitization stations are available in every building.  They include hand sanitizer, disinfectant spray/wipes, paper towels, and instructions for use.  If a station is in need of supplies, community members are encouraged to call Facilities Management at (909) 748-8020, or contact by email at facilities@redlands.edu

All community members are encouraged to carry hand sanitizer while on campus.  Students living in a residential community should try to maintain a supply of EPA-approved disinfecting wipes and spray to use in their personal living spaces. 

Will the campus be cleaned and disinfected on a regular basis?

Facilities Management team members have been trained in appropriate cleaning techniques, the utilization of disinfecting chemicals, and the operation of electrostatic sprayers to provide additional sanitization protection.  A higher frequency of disinfection, where required due to the level of use, has been implemented, and adjustments will be made as needed.  This includes more frequent cleaning of high-touch services, restrooms, tables, door handles, light switches, and railing.  Products used are registered with the EPA as disinfection products.

Will I be able to socially distance in classrooms, offices, and other common spaces?

We should all maintain a distance of six (6) feet from other persons if sharing space for more than 15 minutes.  Classrooms, offices, and other common spaces have been reconfigured to facilitate this distancing. For this reason, furniture should not be moved and guidance on posted signs in classrooms, dining venues, offices, and other spaces should be followed.  Even when gathering in larger indoor or outdoor common campus spaces, which will only occur when guidance from the state of California and/or San Bernardino County allows, everyone must wear face-coverings and maintain a six (6) foot physical distance. 

What services are being offered in the Armacost Library?

Armacost Library faculty and staff will continue to provide access to both digital and physical resources and a full suite of virtual services throughout the spring 2021 semester. Ask a Librarian for help with research questions, articles, eBooks, and more. Curbside pickup service is available for checking out physical items in our collections. Use the Request feature in Primo to choose items to check out for curbside pickup.

For evolving updates on access, resources, and services, please visit library.redlands.edu/covid19 and armacostlibrary.blogspot.com.

What about access to computer labs, printers, and collaborative learning spaces?

The following collaborative learning spaces in Armacost Library will be available to reserve for all students, faculty, and staff: 99, 100, and 118. Access to reserving each of these locations is currently enabled. Spaces can be reserved here: https://sites.redlands.edu/its/acits/fletcher-jones-computing-center/collaborative-learning-spaces/

For general computing needs, computers are available and arranged according to social distancing standards. They can be found in the main hallway adjacent to 121 Fletcher Jones Foundation Computer Center near the Bulldog Cafe.

We are in the process of installing printers around campus to replace the Wepa Kiosks and intend to provide printing at no cost for students during the spring term.

Please note, thanks to a grant from the Fletcher Jones Foundation, construction is currently underway for our new state-of-the-art experiential learning center. Construction locations that will be unavailable for use this spring include 121 Fletcher Jones Foundation Computer Center, 151 library storage, and 112 computer lab.

How do I order/pick up my books and other materials at the University Bookstore?

The bookstore is currently servicing all orders, including textbooks and merchandise, through its website. Orders can be picked up on the plaza in front of the bookstore entrance during the week of January 25 (Monday through Friday) between 12:30 and 4 p.m. 

Beginning February 1, the retail store will be open to the public Monday through Friday from 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. We will be limiting the number of customers inside at one time and cleaning frequently according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines. Please call 909-748-8951 with inquiries.


What precautions should we expect in dining venues?

To manage risk and to comply with current requirements, indoor seating will not be permitted.  Outdoor seating on campus has been expanded to provide an alternative when weather permits.  All transactions will be contactless, so students should be prepared to display their ID, as well as proof they completed the daily health assessment, both of which can be displayed via the Redlands App, as they enter.  Cash transactions are not permitted -only meal plan transactions (dining dollars and swipes) and credit cards will be accepted.  At this time, Harvest Table on-site venues will be open only to those who have a University meal plan. 

What safety protocol should I expect when entering a dining facility?

All who enter the dining venues are required to wear a face-covering, remain physically distanced, and follow the safety guidance posted and provided while in the venue. You can learn about the safety protocols adopted by Harvest Table Culinary Group here:  https://dining.redlands.edu/covid-19-information/. Hand sanitizer stations and protective food gloves will be available throughout all dining locations to provide additional personal protection and safety.

Will the food be made to order?

Both fresh made to order and pre-packaged To-Go options will be available and served by Harvest Table staff. OZZI recyclable containers will be provided to students upon entry for fresh options. Dietary needs will be supported by an on-site registered dietician.  

Can I re-enter the Table to take advantage of my “all-you-care-to-eat” plan?

The meal plan model of "all-you-care-to-eat" remains at the Table. However, because indoor dining is not permitted, a meal "swipe" will allow students unlimited access to the dining hall for 45 minutes from the point of initial entry.  This means if you enter the venue and swipe in at 12:15 pm, then exit, eat, and find you forgot something or are still hungry, you may return through a dedicated door with no entry line, up until 1:00 pm.

Besides the Table, what other options are available for dining?

Launch Kitchen, the Test and Guest kitchen, will provide everyone’s favorite items such as street tacos, poke bowls, chicken tenders, and pizza in a retail To-Go environment, but it is now also home to the Plaza Market, which offers Grab-n-Go sandwiches, salads, and sushi, as well as a full line of snacks, fresh produce, microwaveable meals, grocery and convenience items. The Den will focus on hand-crafted beverages, smoothies, and pastries, with all other menu items available at Launch Kitchen.    

Can I order online?

Online ordering from Harvest Table through GrubHub is available for everyone with outside pick-up at the south end of the Commons.


Will Student Involvement and Success and/or ASUR offer any type of engagement opportunities for students this semester?

We believe now more than ever, supporting the production of virtual events, programs, and management of organizations is critical. This semester, every student was charged a $25 ASUR fee to support its mission of providing access to all to events, programs, and organization membership.  SIS and ASUR strives to support student involvement and organization leadership in order to provide the best online experience possible.  

Can student organizations meet in-person?

In order to meet our mission, support the work of ASUR, and serve our entire community, we must adhere to the protocols, policies, and guidelines from the County of San Bernardino and the University of Redlands.  This means that in-person clubs, organizations, and/or student in-person/hybrid gatherings, meetings, events, programs are prohibited until further notice.

What happens if these policies are not followed?

In the event that official University policies are not adhered to - specifically for Clubs and Organizations, they will enter the judicial review process and potentially lose active status, university financial account access, publication on Presence portal, and access to the event calendar.

What if I have more questions about student organizations?

Please contact Student Involvement and Success at sis@redlands.edu or 909-748-8100.


Can my friends visit me in my residential hall?

Only approved persons will be allowed in campus buildings for academic and employment reasons only; therefore, approved persons are limited to students, University employees, or others who are contracted by the University to provide a service or otherwise approved by the University to enter a University building.  All others (including friends and family of students who are not also University of Redlands students or employees) are considered “non-university guests” for the purposes of this document.  Non-university guests are not allowed in any buildings on campus, including residence halls.  Meetings with non-university guests can only take place virtually or in outdoor spaces. 

Whether living on-campus or in surrounding communities, members of the University community are expected to exercise caution when permitting guests in their residential environments.  

Access to each residential community will be limited, without exception, to those assigned to each specific community. This policy will continue for an unspecified period, with any change informed by the County’s Tier standing and case numbers on campus. After the initial quarantine and testing period, residents are limited to only one guest (person who does not live in that room) in their residence hall room at any one time bearing in mind students are limited to three close contacts, which must remain consistent. In the Brockton Apartments, no more than five (5) approved persons (including residents of the apartment) can be in an apartment at one time. In the Grove Apartments, that number is three (3) approved persons.

Students are responsible for the actions of their guests and will be held accountable for any guest misconduct. 

Those permitted on campus are expected to, at all times, display their University of Redlands picture ID on lanyards that will be made available at the start of the spring semester.  Approved persons should anticipate needing to show their University ID, as well as proof of a positive health assessment before entering campus buildings.




Who has access to the Residence Halls?

Access to residential buildings is restricted to all but those assigned to live in each specific residential community and those with business or operational reasons to enter the space (e.g., Facilities Management staff). Exterior doors will remain locked and shall not be propped open or left unlocked. Students should expect to contact and interact with faculty virtually and use remote means of requesting administrative support.

What is a close contact? What is a physical contact?

Students residing in residential communities are reminded that being within a six (6) foot distance to another person for 15 minutes or more designates them as "close contacts."  Persons with whom you have physical contact are “physical contacts.”



How do I decide about my three close contacts?

Students should make decisions about with whom they become “close contacts” and “physical contacts” carefully and should discuss with others before making those kinds of decisions independently.  We strongly encourage you to be very selective in identifying no more than three (3) close contacts to minimize the risk of exposure.  While on-campus residence halls are offering only single-occupancy rooms, apartments on campus, as well as off-campus housing may involve roommates.  Roommates are by default close contacts, so discussing these things is especially important for those who have roommates.  You should talk about your comfort levels with various risks, pre-determine what precautions you will undertake, and make specific agreements regarding who you plan to have as your close contacts, whether to allow friends to visit the room and other important issues. 


Can my family/friends visit me on campus?

All visitors and guests to our University campuses must follow our health and safety protocols to keep our campuses and communities as safe as possible during the COVID-19 pandemic. The visitor/guest policy applies to any individual, on any University campus, for any length of time who has a business purpose for being on a campus. In terms of these guidelines, a visitor/guest includes, but is not limited to parents, family members, friends of enrolled students.

What do they need to do before arriving on-campus?

All individuals who are not enrolled students or employees must have an invitation (verbal or written) from a University student or employee prior to any in-person visit to a U of R campus. The University must maintain an accurate record of all individuals accessing campus.

What should my guests do upon arrival to campus?

Upon arrival to campus, a visitor or guest must:

  • Notify the invitee that you have arrived on campus.
  • Meet the invitee at the designated meeting location (with proper face covering).
  • Successfully respond to health screening questions.
  • Review and acknowledge applicable safety policies:
    • Visitors and guests must wear face coverings (a) when in the presence of other persons, and (2) when alone using shared and common spaces. Coverings may consist of a bandana, surgical mask, scarf, etc., and must fully shield the mouth and nose.  When moving about the campus, a face covering should be worn.
    • Even when wearing a face covering (indoors and outdoors), continue to maintain a person-to-person physical distance of at least six (6) feet. A face covering is not a substitute for physical distancing.
    • Comply with all signage guidance. Signage is in place across our campuses to promote physical distancing, provide reminders about safety habits, and optimize directional flow for the safety of the community.
  • Receive a VISITOR BADGE, which must be visibly worn while on campus.  This is provided by the invitee and can be as simple as a mailing label sticker with "VISITOR" printed on it.

What about when they are ready to leave?

Prior to departing campus, a visitor or guest must check out and return their VISTOR BADGE.  The invitee must ensure the visitor departs as planned and no longer has access to any University building.

Where can I spend time with guests?

All friends and family of students who are not also University of Redlands students or employees are considered “non-university guests” for the purposes of this document. Non-University guests are not allowed in any buildings on campus, including residential communities. In-person meetings with non-University guests can only take place in outdoor spaces except under extenuating circumstances. We expect all members of our community to exercise strict caution when hosting guests.


If I live off-campus, what should I know about visiting campus?

Students who live off-campus and who come on campus for any reason are required to comply with all prevention and safety protocols, including the requirement for weekly testing, daily health screening, and wearing their current university student identification badge. Like residential students, off-campus students should expect to contact and interact with faculty virtually and use remote means of requesting administrative support.

University students who chose not to participate in the initial quarantine and testing period, the daily health check requirement, and the weekly testing requirement are not permitted to visit campus grounds or enter campus buildings.

Where can I access Wi-Fi and do my classwork on campus?

The University has designated the (north) Chapel parking lot as a Wi-Fi-enabled area where students with campus parking permits may park and work from their vehicles if necessary.  There are various outdoor spaces available as well, including the quad, Hunsaker Plaza, etc.


Is the Chapel parking lot really available to me?

YES! Although Public Safety is monitoring the parking lot, students are allowed to utilize it for Wi-Fi access.  Be sure to have a current parking permit, which can be requested online, and politely approach the PSafe officer.  We have designated this space for you; we are trying to discourage the public from parking there while they are testing at U-Hall.

Health, Wellness, & Safety


What types of services does the Counseling Center provide?

The Counseling Center will be adhering more closely to the short-term therapy model in order to be available to more students, referring students with more specialized or ongoing needs to care providers in the community. 

We recognize these changes are a shift in practice but believe they are necessary and prudent as we work to develop means of support for as many students as possible.  The Counseling Center has taken proactive steps to help students find the level of care they need, including recently updating the referral list available on our website




Is single-session therapy available to me through the Counseling Center?

We have found many students seeking support need just one session to get through a challenge.  This finding serves as the impetus for introducing a single-session therapy model in the Counseling Center for students with non-urgent issues who have a need that has the potential to be addressed in one session.  The aim is for students choosing this option to have shorter wait times, even during busy times of the semester. Students can self-select into this type of appointment and will be limited to two of these sessions per semester. 

How will services be provided in a safe way during the pandemic?

Due to COVID-19, the Counseling Center has developed policies and procedures that will allow staff to provide services remotely via a HIPAA-compliant Webex platform.  We will assist students in identifying a room, if one is needed, to have private telehealth sessions with a therapist. 

Is the Crisis Line still available?

Yes, the Crisis Line, which is available to all University of Redlands students, will continue to provide support 24/7, 365 days per year.  To seek crisis support for yourself or someone you are concerned about, dial 909-748-8960.  

What options are there if I’m seeking ongoing or more specialized mental health care?

In order to provide more convenient access for students who need ongoing or more specialized mental health care, the University has established a partnership with a local agency, Christian Counseling Services (CCS).  Founded in 1978, CCS will undergo a name change to Citrus Counseling Services in January 2021 because it has expanded its scope of practice to include a variety of non-faith-based services.  The organization has earned a strong reputation, in part because of its diverse staff of more than 40 clinicians, including U of R alumni, who serve people of all race, gender, sexual orientation, and economic status.  

For more information, please visit our Counseling Center’s website or contact CCS directly at (909) 793-1078.


Is telehealth available with CCS? What about accessing CCS on-campus?

CCS will start the spring semester by providing telehealth appointments. When guidance allows, CCS staff will provide individual therapy on campus. The University’s arrangement with CCS allows for the support of the student who needs care outside the Counseling Center's scope of services (e.g. long-term therapy), will provide convenient access to counseling services, and will help manage demand for services. 

Although it is not currently in its portfolio, CCS leadership is working to provide convenient psychiatric support for students in the future.

What are the costs associated with CCS?

CCS licensed therapists will accept most health insurances, including the University’s insurance, and there is a sliding fee scale for therapists who have completed all required coursework but are not yet licensed and therefore work under the supervision of a licensed clinician.

Are there any other options for mental health care?

In addition to using the Counseling Center and CCS, we also encourage students to reach out to care providers they have worked with in the past or who are available near their home.  With more providers offering virtual therapy, the option of remaining in care while away at school is more widely available than ever before.  This can prevent gaps in care when it is often most needed, like in times of transition. 

If I still have questions or concerns, who should I contact?

If you are a student having difficulty finding a community mental health provider, please reach out via email to Counseling Center Director Matt Gragg, (matt_gragg@redlands.edu). If you know a student who needs help, please also encourage the student to connect with the Counseling Center.


How will the requirement for weekly testing help increase the University community’s safety?

Because people with COVID-19 don’t always show symptoms yet are contagious before symptoms appear, regular testing for COVID-19 helps identify those who are COVID-19-positive so they can self-isolate as soon as possible and avoid spreading the virus to others. Systematic testing is one of many COVID safety protocols to help track infections and thus contain the virus in any community, through tracing, quarantine, and isolation.

How will the daily health check help increase the community’s safety?

The daily health check will help flag potential symptoms of COVID-19—such as fever, cough, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, headache, new loss of taste or smell, congestion or runny nose, nausea/vomiting, or diarrhea—so the individual can stay away from others, report symptoms to the University, and seek COVID testing as soon as possible.

Can I use the testing site on the Redlands campus for the required weekly testing?

Yes. A key reason for the University’s decision to partner with the San Bernardino County Department of Public Health was to offer a convenient testing site to members of the U of R community. The testing center, which is operated by the County at no cost to participants, is located in University Hall, the third building east of the Memorial Chapel; please use the south entrance for testing, as the signage indicates. You can schedule an appointment via the County website at https://sbcovid19.com; the site also accepts walk-ins.

Will University faculty, staff, and students have a special line at the San Bernardino County testing site located at University Hall?

The County testing site on the Redlands campus has made it possible for us to implement a weekly surveillance testing program, which many in our community requested because such programs proved to reduce the virus’s spread on college campuses remaining open last fall. It is important to note the site is managed solely by the County and operated using County guidelines. While the University has built a collaborative relationship with the County’s Specialty Testing Branch Director, we have not reached an agreement on a separate line or process for University students and employees; we continue to discuss potential options.

Testing site wait times are influenced by several factors:

  • The number of appointments scheduled (the University Hall site averages 1,300 scheduled appointments per day)
  • The number of County staff on site (this fluctuates based on the County’s needs and staff available)
  • The number of walk-ins (the County’s policy is that no site turns away someone seeking a test)
  • Time of day/week (surges are typically Fridays and Mondays, as well as post-holidays)

We highly recommend you make an appointment when using any testing facility to avoid a longer wait time. As a reminder, employees will be paid for the time spent getting tested, and we are not expecting employees to test outside of work hours unless they choose to do so. Employees and students are free to test at any site, and a list of options is available on our UR Ready/Get Tested web page.

Is it safe to stand in line at a County testing site?

We have heard concerns about safety in line at the U of R testing site. Unfortunately, there are no COVID testing sites without COVID-infected people in line. COVID is everywhere. So, we cannot prevent being “exposed” by people in a line any more than we can in a grocery store or a pharmacy. Standing in line outside while distanced and wearing a face covering complies with multiple Centers for Disease Control and Prevention safety recommendations.

Additionally, we have mitigated risk by collaborating with the County on line management. Since mid-January, those seeking testing have parked in the dirt lot next to Ted Runner Stadium (corner of N. University St. and Brockton Ave.). Test seekers are directed by an attendant to park in a numbered row and wait in their car until called to proceed to the queue. University students and employees with a scheduled appointment do not need to begin at the stadium lot if coming from a campus location and can get directly in line, thus avoiding the additional wait. If you do not have an appointment, you must first visit the walk-in station located by the Ted Runner Stadium ticket booth. Please wear your University ID while interacting with line attendants managing the queue so they can easily identify you as a member of our community.

Do I have to use the testing site on the U of R campus?

No. You are free to seek testing wherever is most convenient, whether it is with a chosen health provider, through an approved self-test, or at another county testing site. Visit www.redlands.edu/urready for help identifying testing locations (including in Marin County). For a list of all County and State testing sites, visit https://covid19.ca.gov/get-tested.

Will the County or other test providers share my health information with the University?

No. Federal law—the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)—protects sensitive patient health information from being disclosed without the patient's consent or knowledge. Therefore, any testing site is prohibited from sending results or any other information to the University. Employees must themselves notify the University if they test positive for COVID via our reporting form, so we can respond appropriately and provide needed support.

Will people really report positive results if their health information is HIPPA-protected?

To date, we have seen great compliance with community members reporting known exposures, symptoms, and/or positive test results via our reporting form, and we hope community members will continue to help us keep our campuses safe in this way.

How do I let the University know that I have been tested or that I’ve completed the daily health check?

Use the “UR Ready” section of the University of Redlands app to report weekly testing and complete the required daily health self-assessment. 

Information about downloading and using the app, including a 5-minute video tutorial, is posted online at https://www.redlands.edu/healthapp/. If you have questions or difficulties with the app after reviewing this page, please contact Tech Support at 909-748-8922 or tech_support@redlands.edu.

I don’t have the Redlands app. How do I get it?

To get the Redlands app, search for “University of Redlands” in the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store. For those who don’t have smart phones or who prefer desktop, the interactive app is also available to view on browsers at https://redlandsedu-prod.modolabs.net/redlands_default. For technical assistance, please email techsupport@redlands.edu or call 909-748-HELP (4357).

Are College of Arts and Sciences students required to test weekly?

Yes. All College of Arts and Sciences students who plan to reside on campus, visit campus for any activity, or take classes on the Redlands campus during spring semester 2021 are required to test weekly, after an initial five-day quarantine period and subsequent negative COVID-19 test. Direct questions to student_affairs@redlands.edu.

If I get tested on a Friday, does that mean I need to retest before I can come in on Monday? How does the app track the test dates?

You must test once per seven days. When you enter your test date in the UR Ready app, the clock will automatically reset. As long as you test within the seven-day window of time, you are free to come to campus.

Do some members of the community need to be tested more frequently than once a week on a regular basis?

Yes. Student athletes and Athletics faculty and staff may require more frequent testing on a regular basis; the Athletics Department, 909-748-8400 or Bulldog_Athletics@redlands.edu, will provide details about specific requirements. Of course, if you are showing signs or symptoms of COVID-19, have had a recent known or suspected exposure to a person with laboratory-confirmed COVID-19, or have been asked or referred to get testing by a healthcare provider or health department, you need to seek additional testing as soon as possible and not wait for the weekly requirement.

If I do not come onto any U of R campus and my work or studies are 100% virtual, do I need to test weekly? What if I’ve already had test-proven COVID or I have evidence of positive antibodies?

You are exempt from the weekly testing requirement, if you:

  • Never set foot on a U of R campus, never meet in groups of U of R students or employees outside of your household, and are asymptomatic.
  • Have already had a confirmed case of COVID-19 and are asymptomatic.
  • Have evidence of antibodies against the virus and are asymptomatic.
  • Have received the full two-course dose of a COVID vaccine.
  • Work, live, and/or study on the Marin campus.

Exemption from weekly testing does not free you from following University health and safety protocols. Additionally, if you develop COVID-19 symptoms, you must notify the University via our reporting form, so we can respond appropriately and request you receive a diagnostic test. Please note, antibody testing is not recommended in place of weekly surveillance testing.

If I am exempt from weekly surveillance testing as indicated above, how do I report my exemption and stop the weekly reminders via the Redlands app?

The staff at the Student Health Center will review all requests (students and employees) and evaluate documentation provided to substantiate the exemption. If you believe you qualify for an exemption, please email your documentation to health_center@redlands.edu. You can also reach a Health Center team member by calling 909-748-8021. 

If you are granted an exception, the Health Center team will request your health assessment criteria be modified to reflect your exemption status, thus allowing you to successfully complete the daily health assessment.

Those on the Marin campus do not need to provide documentation. Your accounts have already been modified.

Do I need to report my negative test results each week?

No. You only need to enter your test date within the Redlands app. If you receive a positive test result, please notify the University via our reporting form as soon as you receive your results.

How will the University enforce the weekly testing requirement aside from asking for the date of the last COVID test?

We are asking each of you to be part of the solution, and this means taking personal responsibility for your health and safety and that of your community. Students have signed a safety pledge acknowledging this commitment, and employees have signed a return-to-work agreement accepting weekly testing as an employment requirement. We know an honor system has its flaws (as do other systems), but even with imperfect compliance, the data shows that clusters and spreads are greatly reduced by surveillance testing programs. We are counting on you to do the right thing to protect yourself and others.

Is the University making efforts on behalf of students and employees to secure vaccinations for COVID-19? Who is covered in Phase 1B, Tier 1 of the vaccination rollout?

Distribution of the vaccine is being handled by federal, State, and County authorities, and the University has no jurisdiction to seek vaccinations for our community. While the University will not be coordinating vaccination efforts for individuals, we will continue to try to provide helpful information as we learn more about the process. Per the San Bernardino County Hotline, any non-student employee of the University of Redlands (or any institution of higher education) falls into the Education category in Phase 1B, Tier 1, even if working virtually. At this time, it is unknown if the County testing site located on the Redlands campus will offer vaccinations. We recommend you visit the vaccination information website for the county in which you reside to learn more about the progress of the State’s vaccine distribution infrastructure. For more information, visit https://sbcovid19.com/vaccine/ or https://coronavirus.marinhhs.org/vaccine.

When did the policy requiring weekly testing go into effect?

The policy went into effect the week of January 17, 2021. We count on every member of our community to fulfill this requirement for the safety of others. Those who fail to comply will lose access to key U of R facilities.

How long is this weekly testing requirement going to be in effect?

The weekly testing requirement is ongoing until the University deems that pandemic conditions no longer require it.


What are the exemptions for the weekly testing requirement?

Members of the community who have tested positive for COVID-19 may be exempted from the University's weekly testing requirement.  In addition, those who have completed the COVID vaccination process may be exempted as well. 

These exemptions DO NOT apply to anyone who works, competes, or volunteers in Bulldog Athletics, per the NCAA Surveillance Testing Protocol.  

What is the process for becoming exempted from weekly testing?

The process for clearing an individual from the weekly testing requirement includes the following:

  • Submit proof to health_center@redlands.edu; proof includes a copy of the completed vaccination card, dated individual test results, etc.
  • The proof is reviewed by the director of the Student Health Center
  • An email is sent to the individual confirming exemption
  • The individual's weekly testing requirement will be removed from the UR Ready App
  • This process takes approximately 24 hours (Monday through Friday)


Who do I contact if I need support?

If it is an emergency, contact Public Safety at 909-748-8888. If it is not an emergency and you need support please fill out the COVID-19 Symptoms, Exposure, or Positive Test Reporting Form. This form is sent to the Student COVID Case Team and once received will prompt them to begin the outreach process.

When should I submit a COVID-19 Reporting Form?

Students should submit the form if 1) it is not an emergency and 2) 

  • They have received a COVID-19 Positive Test Result. 
  • They have been in Close Contact with someone who has received a COVID-19 Positive Test Result. 
  • They are experiencing Symptoms of COVID-19.

Should I quarantine if I submit a COVID-19 Reporting Form?

If you have submitted a COVID-19 Report and are experiencing the following:

  • a COVID-19 Positive Test Result.
  • a Close Contact with someone who has received a COVID-19 Positive Test Result.
  • Symptoms of COVID-19.

It is best that you reduce the possibility of spread by eliminating any close contacts until the COVID-19 Case Team can follow up.

What Happens When I Submit a COVID-19 Reporting Form?

1. You Submit the COVID-19 Reporting Form

The form is sent to the Student COVID-19 Case Team. They will review it and start the process of connecting you with a Case Manager to confirm information and offer resources.

2. Immediately after you Submit a COVID-19 Reporting Form

You will be sent an automatic reply with information to help you until a Case Manager contacts you. This information includes what to do if you need immediate support.

3. A Case Manager Will Reach Out to You

Case Managers will contact you via phone to gather additional information about your report, ask you clarifying questions, and if you’re COVID-19 positive, begin Contact Tracing. At the end of the conversation, your Case Manager will determine whether you need to adjust your status (quarantine or isolation) and connect you with the appropriate resources to support your identified needs.

What are some Resources that are available?

Many of our Campus Partners already provide services to help support students on campus. As a part of our response to COVID-19, these services have been adapted to include supporting students remotely as well as those who are in quarantine or isolation on campus. Some of these resources include:

  • Residence Life & Housing managing room relocations for on campus students.
  • Facilities Management sanitizing spaces on campus.
  • Academic Support and Accommodations being offered through new modalities.
  • Harvest Table offering food delivery for on campus students in Isolation & Quarantine as well as contactless pickup options for the general student population.
  • Counseling Center offering COVID-19 specific support groups to students.
  • Health Center providing appointment-based consultation.
  • A Case Manager team to help support students as they navigate these pathways.

Our Case Managers will help connect you to these resources during and after their initial outreach, however they can only do so once you have submitted a COVID-19 Symptoms, Exposure, or Positive Test Reporting Form.

What happens after the Case Manager Meeting?

Resources are contacted and they will begin to offer services to you. Case Managers will continue to check in with you periodically throughout your time in quarantine or isolation. They will also be available should you have any non-emergent questions, comments or concerns. At the end of your quarantine or isolation period, Case Managers will help close the loops on your services or transition them as necessary. 


What should I do if I’m experiencing symptoms?

As soon as you notice COVID symptoms, you must report them via this link.  If you have flu or respiratory symptoms, isolate yourself from others as completely as possible.  If you feel ill at all, you should remain as isolated as possible to avoid spreading illness and report your symptoms to the University.  If you notice fever, dry cough, shortness of breath, or any other medical concerns that you think may be related to COVID-19, you should determine the safest and most expedient way to receive medical care and possible testing while minimizing exposure to others.

What should I do if I need to miss class due to illness?

Students who must miss class or academic work due to issues associated with illness or quarantine should e-mail their faculty.  Students who need any academic adjustments or accommodations related to their illness should contact Academic Success and Disability Services to discuss their options by phone at 909-748-8069, or by email at asds@redlands.edu.


What happens if I have to quarantine or isolate on campus?

A Case Manager will be assigned to each student who tests positive or is determined to be a close contact of a known positive case.  The Case Manager will contact Residence Life and Housing (RLH) to notify of the need for quarantine or isolation, and based on the student’s hall and room assignment, the student will either shelter-in-place or transition to an alternate on-campus housing location.  In either situation, RLH will review specific instructions with the student regarding how to navigate life while in quarantine or isolation, including food service logistics, limitations, campus resources, as well as conduct expectations to keep everyone safe.

While the student is in quarantine or isolation, the Case Manager will serve as the point-of-contact for the student, and partner with RLH to address needs or concerns that may arise.  The Case Manager, in collaboration with RLH, will initiate a student's transition from quarantine/isolation to their original housing assignment.  RLH will coordinate with Facilities Management to ensure the thorough cleaning and sanitization of all spaces after their use for quarantine or isolation, including the restocking of items, in preparation for future use.

If I need to quarantine or isolate on campus, where will I live?

For residential students who test positive and need to isolate, if the configuration of their living environment allows, they will do so in their assigned room; however, more often than not, the student will relocate to an alternate on-campus unit specifically designated as an isolation location.  The same protocol will apply for residential students required to quarantine due to the risk of exposure.  Students are expected to comply with all instructions regarding remaining in quarantine/isolation to prevent transmission to others in the community. 

If I have to move to a different location, how will I access my necessary belongings?

Should a student need to relocate, RLH will facilitate the retrieval of necessary items (toiletries, clothes, coursework, electronics, etc.) from the room being vacated; linens will be provided in alternate housing locations. 

If I’m quarantining or isolating, how will I get food in my room?

Harvest Table will partner with Student Affairs to support the needs of students who need to quarantine or isolate.  When delivery of meals is required, students will be able to select from a daily changing menu with items for all dietary needs.




Are there other ways to address my questions?

Beginning Thursday, January 14, a COVID Resource Desk will be set up on the first floor of Hunsaker Center. The Resource Desk, which can be accessed using the doors located on the Hunsaker Plaza (southeast end of the building), will be open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. To accommodate undergraduate student arrivals, the resource desk will be open this weekend (January 16 and 17) from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.

The COVID Resource Desk is intended to be a one-stop-shop for COVID inquiries, where you can pick up requested ID cards and lanyards and ask COVID-related questions. While community members can continue to send COVID inquiries to covidresponse@redlands.edu or student_affairs@redlands.edu, some may prefer the opportunity to speak to someone in person—with face coverings and physical distancing, of course!


Are you a family member of a new student? Visit: Family FAQ | University of Redlands

General Information


When will the University return to in-person instruction?

As announced on March 4, the University is planning for in-person instruction in fall 2021. The University will continue to follow state, local, and federal guidance, and will be ready to pivot should any change occur.

Has the University of Redlands reopened this spring?

Currently, most classes remain online across the University, as required by State and local guidance. Limited exceptions are permitted for experiential classes such, as labs and studios. The Redlands campus residence halls have reopened at greatly reduced density.

How are classes being adapted?

Classes are currently in a remote format, with limited exceptions for experiential classes, such as labs and studios. No matter the modality in which they are teaching—online, in-person, or hybrid—U of R professors across the University are working hard to offer an engaging and personalized education. Faculty members remain committed to developing meaningful connections within and outside of classes.

Faculty have researched and participated in workshops on the best practices for online teaching and learning. Also, the University has had the opportunity to invest in enhanced technology to help ensure students have a high-quality experience. This includes upgrading on-campus classrooms that faculty can use to provide instruction using fast, stable internet connections, as well as ensuring technology assistants are available to help if connection or software difficulties arise. 


How can students receive support for virtual instruction?

The Academic Success Center provides both peer subject and writing tutoring for all CAS students. Students can make an online appointment with a tutor by visiting redlands.mywconline.com (or by selecting “Tutoring” in the search bar at redlands.edu).

Writing tutors can help with writing in any course and at any stage of the writing process. We encourage multiple visits throughout your writing process for a single assignment. There is no weekly limit for writing tutoring.


Are there any modifications to the CAS Academic Calendar for Spring 2021?

Spring Break is canceled to discourage travel and limit the spread of COVID-19; however, two recommended Study Days on Tuesday, March 9 and Wednesday, March 17 have been included in the calendar to provide a break for students.

Will classes be taught in-person during Spring 2021?

Under current conditions—with Southern California under an extended State “Regional Stay At Home Order” and San Bernardino County remaining in Tier 1/purple—we are not permitted to hold in-person academic “lecture” classes. We do not anticipate this situation changing by February 1, when some classes had been scheduled to begin using in-person and hybrid modalities after an initial online period.

For the sake of planning, all academic classes will remain virtual until further notice, with the hope that we will be able to pivot to offer additional in-person options later during the semester. According to State guidance, when San Bernardino County improves to Tier 2/red status, academic courses can be held, limited to 25% capacity with safety modifications. At that time, the University will consider the feasibility of having classes switch to an in-person or hybrid modality if so designated during course registration.

What about experiential classes, like labs, studio art, theatre arts, and clinics?

Under State guidance, experiential classes—such as labs, studio art, theatre arts, and Communication Sciences and Disorders clinics—are permitted to be in-person, with safety precautions. To continue to support students’ academic progress and our faculty members’ vision for meaningful instruction, the University will continue to honor the instructors’ choice of modality—be it online, in-person, or hybrid, as designated during registration—in these fields.

What is the status of the College's study abroad programs?

The College is strongly encouraging all students to defer their study away participation to either fall 2021 or spring 2022. Students may petition to request an exception. For more information see the Study Away website or email Director of the Study Away Office Andrea Muilenburg.

What can I do if I am enrolled in online classes and I do not have electronic devices and Wi-Fi that enable me to participate in online and distance instruction?

If students have a particular need to use an electronic device from home, we encourage them to speak with the Instructional Technology Services team in the Jones Computer Center to review options, including accessibility of other facilities with connectivity.

I would like tutoring, but I am taking classes remotely. What can I do?

Students can log into the Student Development Center’s tutor scheduling page to schedule an online tutoring appointment for both subject and writing tutoring. If they haven’t used the site before, they will need to register for an account. More information is available on the Tutoring Services webpage.


Are residence halls open?

As permitted by State guidelines, the University is housing approximately 500 undergraduates who have chosen to live on the Redlands campus for the spring 2021 semester. The requirement to live on campus has been waived, so only students who desire to do so will join our reduced-density residential communities.

As described in the December 23 memo and other communications to students, measures to protect health and safety include single occupancy of rooms (charged at the less expensive double-occupancy rate), entry quarantine and testing, a weekly COVID testing requirement, and other COVID-safety mandates (see the Student Pledge). Move-in times will be staggered to help maintain physical distancing.


Greek houses have been designated as possible quarantine/isolation locations, and are therefore unavailable for occupancy this spring. Residence Life and Housing  (RLH) has shared housing assignments with those who have expressed an interest in living on campus. All students are urged to complete/update as needed their Spring 2021 Housing Intention Form, found in the MyRedlands housing portal, to keep RLH apprised of their housing status.


What is the status of SCIAC competitions and other athletics programs?

For information on Bulldog Athletics please see the FAQ on goredlands.com.


What is the School of Business doing to respond?

At this time, the School of Business continues to hold technology-enhanced classes (with no on-campus meetings).

How has the Graduate School of Theology responded? Are the Graduate Theological Union libraries open?

The Marin campus’s San Francisco Theological Seminary of the Graduate School of Theology is currently using online instruction, maintaining curricular integration with the Graduate Theological Union (GTU) and the University of California, Berkeley. The Graduate School of Theology will offer spring classes online and, as conditions allow, transition some classes to include optional small group precepts.

Remote services will continue Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.

What is the School of Education doing to support the transition to technologically enhanced learning?

All of U of R’s Southern California regional campuses are currently closed, and instruction continues via technology-enabled learning. 

To support this transition to online or technologically enhanced modules for the remainder of the spring semester, the School of Education has:

  • Formed a support team of faculty members who have online design experience to help support their colleagues move their remaining classes to a new format.
  • Sent a message to all faculty about the change, with resources embedded in the message.
  • Sent a note to all current students about the changes.
  • Sent a dedicated note to fieldwork students specific to their situation.

Is the School of Continuing Studies also changing course modalities?

The School of Continuing Studies (SCS) has moved all traditional classroom teaching into online and technologically enhanced modules. Classes will remain online until at least the summer of 2021.


What student services are available?

Information Technology Services remains available to assist students, faculty, and staff in need of technology support.

The Office of Academic Success and Disability Services continues to work remotely.

The Office of Career and Professional Development remains open and has transitioned all of its offerings to an online format (see next question).

The Office for Campus Diversity and Inclusion and Native Student Programs remain active in planning programming and events.

The Counseling Center has resumed services via video platform and phone to all registered U of R students. Students with counseling emergencies should call the 24/7 crisis line at 909-748-8960. The Counseling Center also encourages students to reach out to care providers they have worked with in the past or who are near their home, as they may be offering virtual therapy and can help prevent gaps in care. If you are a student having difficulty finding a community mental health provider, please reach out via email to Counseling Center Director Matt Gragg, at matt_gragg@redlands.edu. If you know a student who needs help, please also encourage the student to connect with the Counseling Center.

The Armacost Library, Registrar’s Office, and Center for Spatial Studies all continue to provide services remotely to students and faculty.

Where can I find details about CARES Act funding for students?

Please see information on the Distribution of CARES Act Funding to Students web page.

What is the status of Academic Affairs support areas?

Provost’s and Deans’ Offices

The Provost’s and Deans’ Offices are staffed on a rotating schedule, but are limiting walk-ins.  Please call ahead or email directly using the contact information listed below:

  • Provost Office, (909) 748-8072
  • College of Arts and Sciences, (909) 748-8359
  • Graduate School of Theology, (415) 451-2859
  • School of Business, (909) 748-8041
  • School of Education, (909) 748-8064
  • School of Continuing Studies, (909) 748-8868

Armacost Library

For updates on the Armacost Library, see https://library.redlands.edu/covid19.

Information Technology Services


Academic Computing for Students:

ACITS offices are closed, but computers are available along the hallway at the north end of Naslund Lounge.  Printing can be sent to the two Wēpa kiosk printers next to Java and Juice.

All contact information is available at: https://sites.redlands.edu/its/acits/instructional-technology-services/

The team also manages and supports a variety of online technologies that faculty use to teach courses.  The primary tool is Moodle, which is used by a vast majority of all courses at the University of Redlands.

Instructional Technology Services for Faculty:

The Instructional Technology team is available to help faculty remotely throughout the week, and over weekends and evenings.  Please click here to schedule an online support session with an Instructional Technology team member.  You can also email acits@redlands.edu if you have specific questions or need help with any aspect of digitizing your course.  Please click here to review the Academic Continuity Plan website, which provides useful information on the tools available, as well as email addresses and phone numbers of the Instructional Technology team members.

Be sure to join your colleagues in the discussion about technology and best-practices, and chat live with the Instructional Technology team.  Click here to join the Faculty Forum on Microsoft Teams.  Note: If you don’t already have it, you can download Microsoft Teams by clicking here.

For evening and weekend support, please email acits@redlands.edu or call 909-748-8352 or 909-748-8321.


Support is provided remotely for all enterprise applications (Colleague, Sharepoint, Web Services, Softdocs, Business Objects).  All requests for assistance should be sent to tech_support@redlands.edu.


Tech Support has one technician on campus Monday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.  Administrative support will be on campus periodically to pick up mail, process bills, and perform other support tasks.  Media Services will be on call to support Webex and live streaming.  All requests for assistance should be sent to tech_support@redlands.edu.


Network technicians are on call for on-campus issues.  Telecom has staff on campus Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.  All requests for assistance should be sent to tech_support@redlands.edu.


ITS has a director on campus Monday to Friday during normal business hours to address any urgent issues.

Office of Career & Professional Development

The University of Redlands Office of Career & Professional Development (OCPD) has temporarily halted in-person services, which includes resources within the Career Studio, until further notice.  All meetings from the OCPD have moved online, as have all services to students, alumni, and employers.


OCPD continues to provide students, alumni, employers, and faculty/staff/administrators with updates on its operating status.  This information is updated on the OCPD website.  Students receive weekly OCPD emails with information on how to access events and resources.


The Career Studio is now virtual.  The Career Studio continues to be a great way for students to gain support around resume development, cover letters, job searches, mock interviews, and more.  To schedule an online session, students can visit:  https://go.oncehub.com/CareerStudio


If students/alumni have a quick question, we recommend students/alumni send OCPD a message via social media:

  • Twitter @RedlandsCareer
  • Instagram @RedlandsCareer
  • Facebook @uofrcareerandprofessionaldevelopment

Prefer email?  OCPD@redlands.edu

  • Handshake.  Students and alumni can use this platform to explore career options and find jobs and internships.
  • CareerShift.  Winner of the Career Innovator Award, CareerShift uses integrated tools to access the hidden job market and discover new connections.  Your link to CareerShift is located within your Handshake account. 
  • What Can I Do With This Major?  This resource offers a collection of information on hundreds of majors, outlining common career options, employers, and strategies to maximize your career path. Access this resource on the sidebar of the Students/Alumni page.
  • Focus 2.  Discover the careers that align with your specific major and complete self-assessments to discover where your focus should be, then apply!  Access this resource on the sidebar of the Students/Alumni page.
  • Resource Library.  Have questions about resumes, cover letters, job/internship searching, salary negotiation, interviewing, or other topics?  View multiple handouts and resources in the OCPD Resource Library in Handshake to assist with all things career-related. 

Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS)

OISS continues to offer regular office hours on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings from 9 to 11 a.m. and on an as-needed basis.  International students and scholars needing assistance outside those hours can email steve_wuhs@redlands.edu for information or appointments if individual in-person consultations are needed.

Registrar’s Office

The Registrar’s Office offers in-person support by appointment only.  An FAQ provides students with answers to the current most frequently asked questions with links to necessary online forms.  Individuals should also refer to https://www.redlands.edu/registrar/ for additional information.  For assistance or to schedule an appointment, please call 909-748-8019 or email registrar@redlands.edu.

Center for Spatial Studies (CSS)

The offices of the Center for Spatial Studies (CSS) in Lewis Hall is closed, although face-to-face meetings may be arranged when needed.  The CSS:

Military and Veteran Services (MVS)

The Military and Veteran Services Office is closed (no walk-in service).  Students may request support via the contacts listed below:

Updates are sent out via email.  The MVS office will also post updates on MVS webpage at www.redlands.edu/military and Facebook at www.facebook.com/RedlandsMVS.

What is the status of Commencement?

The University community held many virtual celebrations in 2020, while planning for other celebratory Class of 2020 events in 2021. More details will be forthcoming.


What is the University doing to take general precautions?

The University continues to follow the latest guidelines offered by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the San Bernardino County Department of Public Health and Marin County Health and Human Services Office regarding the novel coronavirus and the disease it causes, COVID-19:

  • The University's response is currently led by the COVID Task Force, chaired by Vice President for Administration Michelle Rogers.
  • The University and its COVID Task Force are working with specific liaisons at the County level, as well as following CDC and state guidance to provide up-to-date information and recommendations as they are released.
  • The University has increased efforts to disinfect surfaces, such as tables, computers, door handles, and restrooms, and provided cleaning guidelines to Custodial Services staff. The distribution and placement of hand sanitizers have been expanded and proper hand washing signs have been posted in all restrooms.
  • All events have been canceled. 

What can I do to prevent getting the virus?

For prevention, the CDC advises everyone to:

  • Clean your hands often. This includes washing your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol; cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
  • Avoid close contact, especially with people who are sick. Stay at home as much as possible. Put distance—at least six feet—between yourself and other people, since some people without symptoms may be able to spread virus.
  • Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others. You could spread COVID-19 to others even if you do not feel sick. Everyone should wear a cloth face cover when they have to go out in public, for example to the grocery store or to pick up other necessities (although cloth face coverings should not be placed on young children under age 2, anyone who has trouble breathing, or is unconscious, incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance). Continue to keep about 6 feet between yourself and others; the cloth face cover is not a substitute for social distancing.
  • Cover coughs and sneezes. If you are in a private setting and do not have on your cloth face covering, remember to always cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow. Throw used tissues in the trash, and then wash your hands.
  • Clean and disinfect. Frequently touched surfaces requiring daily cleaning include tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks. If surfaces are dirty, clean them using detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection.

While a flu shot will not prevent coronavirus, it will offer protection from the flu and help lessen the public health burden of infectious disease.

What should I do if I believe I am exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19?

If you are a student, faculty member, or staff member/administrator who is showing COVID-19 symptoms, has been exposed to the virus, or received positive COVID-19 test results, please complete the University's reporting form. After the form is submitted, a member of the University's response team will follow up with you to review the information and advise you of next steps.

Remember to call ahead to any health care provider to advise them of your concern before seeking treatment. Notice to the provider allows them to be prepared for your arrival, thus minimizing exposure of others, should your condition warrant such preventative planning.  


Where can I find out more information about this virus and the disease it causes?

For more information on the novel coronavirus and the disease it causes, COVID-19, see the FAQ from the CDC.

What has the University done to help the local community during this crisis?

In November 2020, the University partnered with San Bernardino County to offer a COVID-19 testing site on the Redlands campus.

In August, the Food Pantry was relocated to the Harrison Room of Orton Center to continue to be accessible to local students who are food insecure.  While the University is open, the food pantry is located on the second floor of Hunsaker Center.

The University partnered with Loma Linda University to offer walk-in medical services for the homeless during a period that closed many private shelters offering homeless services.

In April, the University donated 10,000 pounds of food to Family Services Association of Redlands and 3,000 pounds of food to Inland Harvest to replenish stocks that have been depleted due to the growing need to combat hunger within the region.

The University’s athletic training staff also donated personal protection equipment from their existing supplies to Redlands Community Hospital.

How can I report violations of the University’s health and safety policies?

If a situation that poses inappropriate or excessive risk occurs, take action by addressing it directly with the individual. Students can also report issues via this link, or contact Public Safety by phone at 909-748-8888 or by texting the keyword TIP UOFR to 888777.