SFTS Board of Directors
The University of Redlands Board of Trustees has created a governing body to provide spiritual and ecclesiastical leadership to San Francisco Theological Seminary (SFTS). In this bicameral system of governance, the U of R Board of Trustees maintains authority over facilities and budget, while the SFTS Board of Directors presides over matters related to the church.
Founded in 1871 and affiliated with the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) [PCUSA], SFTS operates on the belief that religion—and specifically Christian faith—should inspire everyone to be a positive force for good in the world. The seminary values dialogue and engagement with other religions and faith traditions, and is a founding member of the Graduate Theological Union.
Members of the SFTS Board of Directors
- Christopher Ocker, Ph.D., Assistant Provost of the Graduate School of Theology, Interim Dean of SFTS
- The Rev. Jeannie Kim ’01, President of SAM, Inc. and CEO of KPP Beer Inc., PCUSA teaching elder, SFTS Distinguished Alumna 2020
- The Rev. Joey Lee ’85, Executive Presbyter, San Jose Presbytery, Cameron House, San Francisco; First Chinese Presbyterian Church of New York; University of California, Berkeley
- The Rev. Michael Livingston, Interim Senior Minister, Riverside Church, New York; International Council of Community Churches; National Council of Churches, President 2006-07
- The Rev. Ana Lugo ’85, Regional Gift Planner, Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, Florida-Bahamas Synod; PCUSA ordained teaching elder
- Alvin McLean, Jr., Ph.D., Dean of the College of Psychology at John F. Kennedy University; The Worship Cluster, Co-Chair, Allen Temple Baptist Church, Oakland
- Rev. Dr. Paul Nazarian ’84, Pastor, Northwoods Presbyterian Church, Houston; PCUSA teaching elder, 1984
The Rev. Dr. Charlene Han Powell, Senior Pastor & Head of Staff, First Presbyterian Church Berkeley, strategy team of PCUSA’s Next Church
- The Rev. Dr. Bear Ride ‘78, ’91, Ride Family Foundation, Director; inter-faith and queer activist; PCUSA teaching elder, 1979
- The Rev. Dr. Ji-il Tark ’97, Professor of Religion, Busan Presbyterian University, Busan, Republic of Korea
- The Rev. Mary Lynn Tobin ’85, Owner, Giocoso, Leadership Coaching and Development