Center for Spatial Studies Mission
The Center for Spatial Studies (CSS) is a hub for geographic discovery, innovation, practical application, service, and community at the University of Redlands. The CSS:
- Fosters the use of geographic information systems (GIS) and related technologies to advance the university's mission to welcome, educate, and empower a diverse community of learners for lives of meaning, impact, and joy.
- Thrives on collaborations with geospatial industry leader, Esri, as an early adopter and cutting-edge user of the company's innovative technologies in higher education.
- Designs spatial instructional activities and supports spatially enabled courses across the curriculum.
- Engages in interdisciplinary spatial research with students and faculty.
- Creates opportunities for students to participate in community-based service-learning projects and internships that apply spatial thinking perspectives and geospatial technologies.
- Organizes events at which students, faculty, and staff share their expertise and accomplishments.
- Employs geospatial technologies to support campus planning, operations, maintenance, and sustainability.
- Promotes access to career opportunities for students by matching students to spatial internships and job placements at Esri, federal and other governmental agencies, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), private businesses, and the CSS, itself.
- Provides opportunities for students through local, regional, national, and international community service and research projects to engage in social action, solve real-world problems, and help create a better future for all of us.
CSS "One-Sheet" >>