Program Learning Outcomes - Political Science
Bachelor of Arts
Students who successfully complete a major in Political Science will:
- Demonstrate Discipline-Specific Knowledge. Based on a fundamental understanding of political institutions, processes, and actors, students will use concepts and theories to argue effectively about politics.
- Think Critically. Systematically apply sound logic and valid evidence to the analysis of politics.
- Research Effectively. Produce coherent independent research about politics by relying on both primary and secondary sources.
- Communicate Effectively. Compose written work that is analytically sound, clear, and persuasive. Orally communicate political science findings and arguments in a coherent and persuasive manner.
- Attain Civic Literacy. Draw reasoned conclusions about the practical and normative implications of governing decisions made in contemporary and historical contexts.
Learning outcomes for all graduates of the College of Arts and Sciences