Welcome! If you're here, it means you are re-considering your college path. Johnston students, faculty and staff have collectively worked for 50+ years to create intentional education and community. While each Johnston student crafts a unique educational path, we work collaboratively to live and learn together.
*How do I transfer into the Johnston Center?
- Contact M. G. Maloney, assistant director of Johnston to schedule a meeting.
- Review the Johnston Web pages for an overview of Johnston's academic and living-learning community.
- Identify an advisor familiar with advising Johnston students. To start, ask your current advisor if they advise Johnston students. If they do not, ask them or M. G. for a recommendation.
- Upload your Sophomore Contract by September 30, 2021.
- Consider attending Johnston Community Meetings, every Tuesday at 4pm PST. Email M. G. for the video conference link. These meetings are open to all University of Redlands students/faculty/staff. At these meetings you can chat with current Johnston students/faculty/staff, hear important academic and community-building announcements, learn how to get involved in the Johnston community, and more!
- Consider enrolling in a Johnston JNST seminar. Contrary to popular myth, you don't have to be a Johnston student to take a Johnston seminar! They are open to all University of Redlands students as long as the student is willing to write a course contract and self-evaluation.
**Optional** Read about Johnston's 50+ years history, as an established leader in alternative education: