Message on 5/19: Summer Housing Confirmation and Instructions
The Residence Life and Housing staff looks forward to welcoming you to Summer Housing in Holt Hall. Please review all the information below thoroughly, as many of your questions about move-in and assignments will be answered. Should you no longer be interested in living on-campus in Summer Housing, please reply to this message so we may remove you.
Housing Assignments: Housing and roommate assignments can be viewed on your MyRedlands Housing Portal under Room Selection.
- Please be aware that some room selections have, and may continue, to change leading up to move-in. Room assignments are consolidated to optimize the availability of housing spaces in the event of new residents and/or to respond to potential quarantine and isolation needs for COVID-19 cases throughout the summer.
Cost: Be reminded the room rate for Summer Housing is $100 per week, billed as a term for 13 weeks to your student account.
- Students may pay in a lump sum or with installments, with the full amount due by August 12th. Arrangements for shorter, prorated stays may be made in advance on an individual basis with Residence Life and Housing.
Check-in: Students will move on-campus or from their May Term housing assignments on Wednesday, June 1st from 3-5pm by visiting the Holt Hall lobby.
- Although the halls close on Friday, May 27th at 2pm to all other students, if you were a May Term resident you are permitted to remain in your May Term housing assignment until the Summer Housing check-in. A red "Occupied" sign is placed on the room door to signal to staff you are still residing in the room until your move.
- On Wednesday, June 1st from 3-5pm, staff will be available at the Holt Hall entrance to introduce themselves and provide the keys to your assignment. You will also receive an Express Check-out envelope to return the keys to your current assignment after completing your move that evening, if applicable.
- Students moving from a prior housing assignment are expected to finish their move by 11pm that night and will confirm they have done so by returning a completed Express Check-out envelop with their keys enclosed to the staff member on duty that night.
Check-out: Please be sure to plan ahead, as all students will move out of Summer Housing on Sunday, August 14th between 8:00-10:00am.
- Residents living on-campus in the fall semester will move into their fall housing assignments.
- Students who will be going abroad or living off campus for Fall 2022 and those who have graduated in the spring must make other housing arrangements and vacate campus housing. These persons may continue to work their summer student employee position as permitted by Student Employment, but are no longer able to be housed as a result of fall semester housing preparations.
Should you have any questions, please contact Residence Life and Housing at RLH@redlands.edu.
Residence Life and Housing
University of Redlands