The Residence Life and Housing staff looks forward to welcoming you to Summer Housing in Holt Hall. Please review all the information below thoroughly, as many of your questions about move-in and assignments will be answered.
Summer Housing Check-in
Students will move on-campus or from their May Term housing assignments on Wednesday, May 31st from 3-5pm by visiting the Holt Hall lobby.
- Although the halls close on Friday, May 26th at 2pm to all other students, you are permitted to remain in your current May Term housing assignment until the Summer Housing check-in. A red "Occupied" sign will be placed on the door to signal to staff you are still residing in the room until your move.
- On Wednesday, May 31st from 3-5pm, staff will be available at the Holt Hall entrance to introduce themselves to you, provide you the keys to your assignment, and an Express Check-out envelope to return the keys to your prior assignment after completing your move.
- Students moving from their May Term housing assignments will have until June 1st from 8:00am-12:00pm to return their May Term Housing assignment keys to the Student Affairs Office, located on the second floor of Hunsaker.
- Express Check-Out
- Once you have removed all of your belongings and cleaned your space, utilize the Express Check Out Envelope provided by your RA.
- Deposit your keys inside the check-out envelope then seal and sign it.
- Turn in your envelope to the front desk of Student Affairs.
- Fees for cleaning and/or damage charges will be processed by Facilities Management and Residence Life and Housing after move-out.
To ensure a proper check out from May Term Housing:
- Please clean your entire space including your bedroom, bathroom(s), and kitchen and living area (if applicable). This includes:
- Remove all personal belongings. Double check that your drawers and closet are empty.
- Restore your room to its initial condition at check-in, including furniture set-up.
- Take all trash and recycling to the outside dumpsters. Please put trash inside the dumpsters and do not leave near or around the dumpsters.
- Wipe down all surfaces including furniture and walls.
- Vacuum and sweep the floor, including under the bed.
- Leave your drawers and closet doors open in preparation for your RA inspection.
- Remove any adhesive substances from walls and doors.
- Remove trash and unwanted items from the room to the dumpster and remember to clean and leave behind the trash can and recycling bins.
To avoid hall and closing fines
- Improper Checkout Fines ($50+) are given to students who do not follow the proper check out guidelines. Make sure to use and leave the End of Year Checklist on your door, including removing all items and trash out of the room by your check out time.
- Collective Hall Fines ($???+) are distributed to students in a community when specific people are unable to be identified as responsible for extra cleaning, damage, or replacement of community items. To help your community, clean up your personal belongings from any community spaces, take out trash and unwanted items to the dumpster, and report any damages or vandalism to a Resident Assistant as soon as you learn of the need.
Cost Students participating in Summer Research will have Summer Housing charges covered by Summer Research. Should there be a charge on your student account please reached out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check-out Please be sure to plan ahead, as all students will move out of Summer Housing on Sunday, August 20th between 8:00-10:00am.
- Residents living on-campus in the fall semester will move into their fall housing assignments.
- Students who will be going abroad or living off campus for Fall 2023 and those who have graduated in the spring must make other housing arrangements and vacate campus housing. These persons may continue to work their summer student employee position as permitted by Student Employment, but are no longer able to be housed as a result of fall semester housing preparations.
Should you have any questions, please contact Residence Life and Housing at
Residence Life & Housing
University of Redlands
email@example.com | 909.748.8053