While the University of Redlands main campus remained sparsely populated during much of the COVID-19 pandemic, something exciting was taking shape: a station for the new Arrow line train route that will provide a southern gateway to the University. The structure, which is located adjacent to Ann Peppers Hall, will be the terminus of the route and was an integral part of President Ralph W. Kuncl’s vision for the University. On June 17, a group of dignitaries unveiled the new station to an enthusiastic crowd. In honor of that event, we compiled a 21-song playlist of train-themed ballads.
If you are a Spotify user, here is an embedded playlist, ready to go.
If you aren't a Spotify listener, you can log into your own digital music service and line up these songs (in text format below for easier cutting and pasting).
- “Night Train” By James Brown
- “Another Journey by Train” by The Cure
- “Last Train Home” by John Mayer
- “Peace Train” by Yusuf / Cat Stevens
- “Train in Vain (Stand by Me)” by The Clash
- “Midnight Train to Georgia” by Gladys Knight & The Pips
- “Slow Train” by Bob Dylan
- “Midnight Train” by Sam Smith
- “Mystery Train” by Elvis Presley
- “Blue Train” by John Coltrane
- “Train Song” by Feist and Benjamin Gibbard
- “Desperados Waiting for a Train” by The Highwaymen
- “Downbound Train” by Bruce Springsteen
- “Love Train” by The O’Jays
- “Train Leaves Here This Morning” by the Eagles
- “Last Train At 25 O’clock” by Lamp
- “Back on the Train” by Phish
- “When My Train Pulls In” by Gary Clark Jr.
- “Last Train to Clarksville” by The Monkees
- “Ghost Train” by Gorillaz
- “Hear My Train a Comin’” by Jimi Hendrix
Learn more about the University of Redlands.