Challenging Conversations Series
We as a University community not only have the responsibility to uphold the values of a liberal arts education, but to help lead such challenging conversations in a comprehensive and thoughtful manner for our alumni and friends. In this spirit, our Advancement division will be offering a series of web-based discussions in partnership with Senior Diversity and Inclusion Officer Christopher Jones and other campus partners. These free virtual events will feature U of R faculty members from different colleges and schools, students, alumni, civic leaders, and other diverse perspectives coming together in an authentic and educational dialogue about these important issues. In our continued commitment to lifelong learning, we hope you will join us with open hearts and minds for the following events:
“Race & Justice in America”
Wednesday, June 17 at 1:00 p.m.
- G. Christopher Gardner ’92, Public Defender, San Bernardino County
- Travis Martinez ’94, Deputy Chief of Police, Redlands Police Department
View Recording for June 17
“Diversity in America”
Wednesday, June 24 at 1:00 p.m.
- Joy Clark, Assistant to the Vice President of Enrollment & Associate Vice President of Systems & Analytics, University of Redlands
- Tiffany Felix ’11 (MBA), Vice President of Enterprise Risk, Oh My Green
- Maria L. Munoz, Professor, Communication Sciences and Disorders, University of Redlands
- Keith Osajima, Professor and Director, Race & Ethnic Studies, University of Redlands
View Recording for June 24
“Race in America: Impact on Students”
Wednesday, July 1 at 1:00 p.m.
- Natalie Boehm ’20 (MBA)
- David Hazward ’22, Campus Diversity and Inclusion Multicultural Intern, Studio Art (Graphic Design) major
- Suphanat (Soup) Isarangkoon Na Ayutthaya ’22, Johnston Center for Integrative Studies
- Chanel Parrish ’21, Master of Arts in Education – Higher Education, School of Education
Register for July 1
“Race in America: Impact on Spirituality”
Wednesday, July 8 at 1:00 p.m.
- Rev. Dr. Laurie Garrett-Cobbina, Director, Shaw Chaplaincy Institute and Shaw Family Associate Professor of Pastoral Care and Education, University of Redlands Graduate School of Theology
- Jill Kirchner-Rose, Senior Pastor, Redlands United Church of Christ
- John Walsh, Omer E. Robbins Chaplain to the University
Register for July 8