How is the University of Redlands accredited and ranked?

View our Accreditation webpage.

Do I need to purchase my own books?

Yes. Book information and where to purchase is emailed to you four weeks prior to the start of your program so you have enough time to prepare.

Do I need to purchase health insurance?

All international students are required to purchase and maintain health insurance throughout the duration of their academic program at the University of Redlands. The University strongly recommends that students review their health insurance policies to ensure their policy provides coverage/benefits to the health care facilities located near their campus location.

All currently enrolled students can use the Student Health Center regardless of their insurance. Medical visits are free; however, there is a charge for lab tests, immunizations, and prescription medications. The Student Health Center does not process or bill insurance.

Minimum Health Insurance Requirement for International Students

To satisfy program requirements, you must maintain health and emergency evacuation insurance during your entire program that meets the minimum standards set by the University of Redlands with respect to the following:

  • Medical benefits: at least US $100,000 per person per accident or illness
  • Repatriation of remains: US $25,000
  • Medical evacuation: US $50,000
  • Deductibles not exceeding US $500 per accident or illness


International students enrolled in a School of Business program may  use their current insurance or purchase insurance through any provider they choose, as long as the limits above are met.

Undergraduates may purchase insurance from the University's provider or from a major independent provider, such as ISO Insurance or GeoBlue.

Graduate students may purchase insurance from a major independent provider, such as ISO Insurance or GeoBlue.

Regardless of which option students choose they must supply proof of coverage no later than 2 weeks prior to their program start date.

Will I need to obtain a visa?

Yes. International students studying in the U.S. need an F-1 or J-1 visa.

International students who receive an I-20 from the University of Redlands will not be granted an I-20 transfer until the completion of two consecutive eight week terms (16 weeks of classes for School of Education).

Where will I live?

You may choose to live with friends or family, or find housing in one of the many apartment buildings close to campus.

Do I need to take the TOEFL or IELTS?

A TOEFL minimum score of 213 for the computer-based test or 80 for the Internet-based test is required for international students whose primary language is not English.

An IELTS minimum score of 6.5 will also satisfy the language requirement.

Are student services provided?

Yes, students will be assigned to a Student Services Manager who assists students with academic schedules, course changes, and tutoring requests.

The University’s Armacost Library offers full academic library services on campus and via the Internet.

The Office of Diversity and Inclusion serves as a catalyst to the campus community on matters related to diversity, multicultural programming and cultural pluralism.

Is there a scholarship for international students?

Yes. For those eligible students, there may be up to 15% off of the tuition.

Can I get an internship or job?

While an internship or job cannot be guaranteed, students have full use of the Professional Development Office on campus which does often supply internship and job interviewing opportunities. Additional services from this office include:

Focus II Online Assessment and Planning

Professional Coaching

Internship and Employment Strategies

Resume, Cover Letter and Personal Statement Critiques

Employment and Interview Preparation

Workshops and Class/Group Presentations

UR Professional Network of Alumni, Parents and Friends

How many courses will I take and when are they offered?

The Bachelor of Science in Business consists of 15 courses.

Students take one class per term. Each term is 8 weeks long.

Classes are held in the evenings from 6-10 p.m.

How long to do the programs take?

The Bachelor of Science in Business can take up to 30 months to complete. 

Do I need to take the GMAT or GRE?

The GMAT and GRE are not required, however, applicants are welcome to send scores as an additional optional piece of the application 

When is the deadline to apply?

There are different deadlines for each term. Please see the international deadlines page for these dates.

How much do the programs cost?

How many students will be in my classes?

The average class size is 20.

When do I need to arrive in the US?

Students will need to arrive a week before classes begin in order to attend international student orientation.

Learn more about start dates on our international deadlines page.