Your transfer pathway into the College of Arts and Sciences

There is no minimum amount of units required to transfer to the University of Redlands. Students may transfer up to 66 units from a two-year institution and up to 96 units from a four-year institution.

Our application to apply for fall 2020 is open.


November 1 - priority deadline for spring
March 1 - priority deadline for fall

Applications received after the deadline will be reviewed on a space available basis.

Application Checklist

  • Complete the Common Application or Redlands transfer application.
  • Pay the $50 application fee
  • Send official transcripts from all institutions attended
  • Send official high school transcript including proof of graduation. (Transcripts must be issued to University of Redlands and mailed directly from the institution in order to be considered official. Transcripts hand-delivered or mailed by the applicant are not considered official.)
  • Submit one letter of recommendation from a professor who can speak to your academic ability

Application Requirements
For students with over 24 transferable semester units:

  • Must have graduated from high school or equivalent
  • Have taken a majority of transferable units completed in academic courses
  • Completed two semesters of full-time coursework with no less than a 2.0 (C) in any course
  • Completed English composition, intermediate algebra or above and 1 semester of foreign language at the college level
  • A recommended minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8

 Students with fewer than 24 transferable semester units:

  • Must have graduated from high school or equivalent
  • Will be reviewed based on their performance in high school
  • Official SAT or ACT test scores are required 

For some applicants, the following may be required:

  • College Report (Required for students transferring from a four-year institution)
  • Mid Term Report (You will be notified if this is needed)
  • Official AP Test Scores if applicable

Scholarship and Financial Aid

  • 90 percent of students receive some form of financial aid
  • $35,756 average financial aid award for transfer students
  • FAFSA Code 001322

Articulation Agreements

Articulation agreements are available for many two-year institutions in the Southern California area. Find them here and learn more about our Liberal Arts Foundation inquiry, or general education requirements.

Transferring to the Johnston Center for Integrative Studies or the School of Music

Because of the unique and specialized curriculum in these programs, we encourage transfer students to set up an on-campus or phone meeting with the program director to discuss transfer of credit, length of program, and pre-requisites.

Brad Andrews, Director of Music Admissions 
(909) 748-8014

Julie Townsend, Director of the Johnson Center for Integrative Studies 
(909) 748-8616

Are you an international student? Learn more about our International Transfer Student admissions process.

Explore the pathway into the School of Business.