The School of Education accepts applications on a rolling basis, and will release admission decisions periodically throughout the year. Applicants should take care to complete their application by the posted deadlines to ensure that the Admissions Review Committee has ample time to make an admissions decision before the start of the term.
For a complete list of dates, please visit our Application and Enrollment Calendar.
To be eligible for admission to the MA in Educational Administration program, students must possess a clear or life credential and have completed at least three years of full-time teaching or professional service (related to their credential) before beginning the program. Please see the program page for more information.
1. Personal Statement: Essay of 500 words describing personal experience and interests in relationship to educational administration.
2. GRE scores (optional)
3. Certification of Clearance by CCTC required for candidates in Educational Administration and School Counseling
4. Meet the Basic Skills Requirement
Individuals may satisfy the Basic Skills Requirement by one of the following methods:
· Pass the CBEST
· Pass the CSET: Multiple Subjects Plus Writing Skills Examination
· Pass the CSU Early Assessment Program or the CSU Placement Examinations
· Achieve Qualifying Score on the SAT or ACT
· College Board Advanced Placement (AP) Examinations
· Pass a Basic Skills Examination from Another State
*Students who do not have the minimum GPA must submit a GPA petition to the School of Education along with 2 additional letters of recommendation from different academicians/professionals.
1. Personal Statement: Essay of 500 words describing personal experience and interests in relationship to higher education and/or student affairs.