Upcoming Application Deadlines

The School of Education accepts applications on a rolling basis, and will release admission decisions periodically throughout the year. Applicants should take care to complete their application by the posted deadlines to ensure that the Admissions Review Committee has ample time to make an admissions decision before the start of the term. 

For a complete list of dates, please visit our Application and Enrollment Calendar

Department of Leadership and Higher Education Application Requirements

For all applicants:

  1. Completed application
  2. Evidence of a bachelor's degree from a regionally-accredited institution
  3. Evidence of a 3.0 undergraduate GPA or an approved petition
  4. One (1) official transcript issued by the Registrar of each institution attended, sent directly to the Office of Graduate and Professional Enrollment. 
  5. Two (2) letters of recommendation from faculty or professionals who know your work

In addition, students should submit the items below for the program to which they are applying:

MA in Educational Administration

To be eligible for admission to the MA in Educational Administration program, students must possess a clear or life credential and have completed at least three years of full-time teaching or professional service (related to their credential) before beginning the program. Please see the program page for more information. 

  • A valid clear or life California credential
  • Teacher Credential with English Learner Authorization
  • Pupil Personnel Services Credential
  • Teacher Librarian Services Credential
  • Speech-Language Pathology Services Credential
  • Clinical or Rehabilitative Services Credential
  • School Nurse Services Credential

Admission Requirements: 

1. Personal Statement: Essay of 500 words describing personal experience and interests in relation to educational administration. 

2. GRE scores (optional)

3. Certification of Clearance by CCTC required for candidates in Educational Administration and School Counseling

4. Meet the Basic Skills Requirement

Individuals may satisfy the Basic Skills Requirement by one of the following methods: 

·     Pass the CBEST*

·     Pass the CSET: Multiple Subjects Plus Writing Skills Examination 

·     Pass the CSU Early Assessment Program or the CSU Placement Examinations 

·     Achieve Qualifying Score on the SAT or ACT 

·     College Board Advanced Placement (AP) Examinations 

·     Pass a Basic Skills Examination from Another State 

*In line with CTC and State policy, The University of Redlands will consider admission of applicants who have not yet passed the CBEST if they are registered to take the test on a date before, or during, their first semester of School of Education classes. CBEST deferral is not available for applicants who have previously attempted all three subsets of the CBEST but been unsuccessful in passing one or more of those subsets.

Learn more

*Students who do not have the minimum GPA must submit a GPA petition to the School of Education along with 2 additional letters of recommendation from different academicians/professionals.

MA in Higher Education & MA in Higher Education - Student Affairs

1. Personal Statement: Essay of 500 words describing personal experience and interests in relationship to higher education and/or student affairs. 

Submitting Materials

Please submit all application parts via our online application. 
Admission and certification requirements vary by program. All application pieces are required in order to complete your application for Admissions Review Committee.