How to Apply as a Transfer Student

At the University of Redlands a transfer student is someone who has graduated from high school and has completed courses at another institution of higher education. There is no minimum amount of units required to transfer to the University of Redlands. Students may transfer up to 66 units from a two-year institution and up to 96 units from a four-year institution.

Our application to apply for fall 2020 is open, and we are still accepting applications.

Admissions Requirements

For students with over 24 transferable semester units 

- Graduated from high school or equivalent
- A majority of transferable units completed in academic courses
- Completed two semesters of full time coursework with no less than a 2.0 (C) in any course
- Completed English composition, intermediate algebra or above and 1 semester of foreign language at the college level
- A recommended minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8

 Students with fewer than 24 transferable semester units

- Graduated from high school or equivalent
- Applicants will be reviewed based on their performance in high school
- Official SAT or ACT test scores are required

Application Checklist

- Complete the Common Application or our University of Redlands application
- There is a $50 application fee for students using the Common Application.  The University of Redlands application is free.
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended
- Official high school transcript including proof of graduation 
(Transcripts must be issued to University of Redlands and mailed directly from the institution in order to be considered official. Transcripts hand-delivered or mailed by the applicant are not considered official.)
- One letter of recommendation from a professor who can speak to your academic ability

Materials required outside of the application, may be received after your application is submitted.

Merit and Talent Scholarships

Merit Scholarships available to all students who have completed an application are considered for merit-based scholarships. Ranging in value up to $21,000, merit scholarships are awarded based on academic excellence, leadership, and service.

Talent scholarships are no longer available for fall 2020.

Articulation Agreements

Articulation agreements are available for many two-year institutions in the Southern California area. Find them here and learn more about our Liberal Arts Foundation, or general education requirements.

Johnston Center for Integrative Studies Applicants

Because of the unique and specialized curriculum in this programs, we encourage transfer students to set up an on-campus or phone meeting with Julie Townsend, Director of the Johnson Center for Integrative Studies at or at (909) 748-8616 to discuss transfer of credit, length of program, and pre-requisites.

School of Music Applicants

An audition is required for admission for those who want to major or minor in Music. However, it is recommended to set up an on-campus or phone meeting with the program director to discuss transfer of credit, length of program, and pre-requisites. For additional information regarding the School of Music and requirements, please contact Brad Andrews, Director of Music Admissions, at (909) 748-8014.

Financial Aid

To be considered for need-based financial aid, submit the FAFSA at

In order for the admissions office to match your FAFSA with your application, we will need your Social Security Number. Due to the sensitive nature of this information, please include it on your Common Application, or call Student Financial Services at (909) 748-8047 to provide it via phone. Please never email this information.

For more information on financial aid, please visit our Student Financial Services.