The Internships offered by Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies are both exploratory (WGS 180, 280) and specialized (WGS 380, 480). They offer you the opportunity to engage in various employment and community service projects for credit. Internships can also be student initiated, but these must be negotiated with the director.
The following internships are available each fall and spring semester:
- WGS 180.01 San Bernardino Sexual Assault Services (2-4 credits)-- Training to become a volunteer hotline staffer.
- WGS 180.02 Battered Women's Shelter (2–4 credits)--Training to become a volunteer for Option House Shelter for battered women and their children.
- WGS 180.03 Gender Justice Center (Formally the Women's Center) (2–4 credits)--Activities with the campus Gender Justice Center , specific focus negotiated with the Associate Dean of Campus Diversity and Inclusion.
- WGS 180.04 Pride Center (2-4 credits) --Activities with the campus Pride Center, specific focus negotiated with the Associate Dean of Campus Diversity and Inclusion.
- WGS 180.05 Planned Parenthood Internship (2-4 credits) --You will assist the Community Affairs staff of PPOSBC in the areas of community outreach, programs, special events and donor development as they relate to family planning and reproductive choice. Build, educate and mobilize the pro-choice majority in Orange and San Bernardino counties.
- WGS 180.06 Exploratory Internships (2-4 credits)--specific focus negotiated with the Director of Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies program.
Description of Internships