1. Where do I go first?
You will check-in for the conference and housing at Watchorn Hall, 1200 East Colton Ave, Redlands CA 92373. Please be certain to supply the conference committee with your flights and arrival times in advance. Check in can only take place until 10:00pm. If arriving after that time, other arrangements will need to be made.
2. Where can I park my car?
Parking is free on campus. You will receive a free parking permit for the remainder of your stay in your registration packet.
3. I am flying into LAX/Ontario. How far is it to Redlands?
Redlands is 82.4 miles from LAX Los Angles airport and 27.4 miles from Ontario Airport. For transportation you can rent a car, uber, lyft, or supershuttle. Please note that LA traffic can be very unpredictable so plan accordingly. Registrants are responsible for transportation to and from airports. Ground travel is not included in conference registration.
BY CAR: LAX to Redlands
via I-10 East 80.7 miles
via CA91 East 83.7 miles
via I-110 North and I-10 East 83.1 miles
Ontario Airport to Redlands
via I-10 East 24.9 miles
via CA-210 East 32.6 miles
BY PUBLIC TRANSPORT:
There is no public transportation from the airports to University of Redlands.
approximately $75 for a shared shuttle
Approximately $95-$126 one way
4. I am staying in Brockton Apartments. Where do I check in and what are the check-in hours?
You will check in to Brockton Apartments at the following times:
8:00am-10:00pm - Watchorn Hall
5. What should I bring for my dorm stay?
Bed and bath linens will be provided. You will need to bring your own pillow and toiletries. Pillows will be for sale at the registration desk if needed.
If you will be staying in Brockton Apartments and plan to cook, please bring all cooking utensils including pots, pans, plates, glasses etc.
6. My plans have changed, and I cannot attend. How do I get a refund?
Refunds are not available.
7. What is the weather like in Redlands this time of year?
Weather in Redlands in June is an average of 88 degrees for a high and 58 for a low. The weather will be hot and dry with most venues having air conditioning. It is suggested that you layer. There is little chance of rain, though an umbrella is a great way to create your own shady spot!
8. Where can I access free wifi? Link to get set up with campus wifi
There will be access to free wifi when you register for the conference. Information will be given upon check-in.
9. Due to anaphylactic allergies with students and faculty, all University of Redlands Music buildings are peanut, nut, seafood, egg and latex free. If you bring any of these items into the facilities you will be asked to leave.