California Orchestra Directors Association (CODA)
CODA 2020 High School All-State Honor Orchestras
The CODA All-State Honor Orchestras, February 20-23, 2020 at CASMEC in Fresno
CODA High School All-State Symphony Orchestra, Rei Hotoda, Conductor
Bacchanale from Samson et Dalila, by Camille Saint-Saëns
Passacaglia: Secret of the Winds and Birds, by Tan Dun
Finale from Symphony No. 5, by Sergei Prokofiev
CODA High School All-State String Orchestra, Sayra Siverson, Conductor
All recordings must be submitted electronically by December 1, 2019.
- String Bass players have the opportunity to be considered for acceptance into one of the CBDA All-State Bands. Bass players must indicate on their application, which ensembles they wish to audition for.
- Directors, please read the following instructions for setting up your Director’s account and adding student auditions. Directions will be available after September 1, 2019.
Director Instructions for CODA All-State Orchestra Audition Submission
Audition Excerpts and Application
2020 CODA All-State Orchestras Recording Instructions
Southern California School Band and Orchestra Association (SCSBOA)
SCSBOA All-Southern High School Honor Groups Information
2020 High School Honor Groups Required String Scales & String Audition Excerpts
- All applications MUST be submitted online along with your $35 application fee payable via credit/debit card. No other payment method will be accepted. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- The time-stamped deadline for High School applications/fees is 11:59 PM on November 1, 2019. Applications/fees will not be accepted or processed after the 11:59 PM timestamp on November 1, 2019 and no audition times will be issued. No walk-in applications or payments will be accepted.
- Directors will receive a listing of students from their school who wish to audition for verification and audition approval. Deadline for verification to the SCSBOA office will be no later than November 8, 2019. There will be NO refund for non-approved applications.
Completing the Application:
- Complete the online application. Please make sure to fill out the application in its entirety, including electronic signatures at the end of the application.
- Select the date you wish to audition and provide a preference of AM/PM audition time and the instrument(s) you are auditioning on. Time preferences are not guaranteed.
- Please make sure to fill out the application in its entirety, including electronic signatures at the end of the application.
- Upon submission of application and fee, you will receive an email confirming receipt of your transaction. This receipt will also be sent to the SCSBOA office. Please do not contact the office to see if your application has been received. Confirmation can also be found at the SCSBOA website under the Honor Groups tab.
Woodwind/Brass/Percussion Audition Preparation:
- Download the High School Audition List from the SCSBOA website under the Honor Groups tab, find your instrument on the list, and purchase the appropriate book(s) for your solo piece.
- Download the instrument-specific High School Scale Requirements from the SCSBOA website under the Honor Groups tab.
- Practice scales, solo piece and sight-reading skills (ask your private teacher or director for advice on sight-reading).
Purchasing Honor Group Audition Music:
The CODA and SCSBOA honor group audition music may be available at your local music store. You can also order the music online from a number of retailers such as:
Hickey's Music Center
Sheet Music Plus