Recital Scheduling Procedure and Forms
1. Enroll in the appropriate course for the semester in which you will perform your recital: MUS 399 (Junior Recital), MUS 498A (Full Senior Recital), MUS 498B (Half Senior Recital) or MUS 698 (Graduate Recital). If you are an instrumentalist pursuing a Bachelor of Music degree, enroll in MUS 259 (Literature of the Major) at the same time you’re enrolled in MUS 399 (Junior Recital).
2. Look online to find two available dates and times via 25Live
and the Event Calendar
on the School of Music website. When looking at the calendar, check to make sure that there is nothing scheduled in Watchorn 107 (FLPH) during the time when you’d like to have your recital and that there are no other School of Music events scheduled on that day and time (in another venue).
3. Confirm your recital repertoire with your applied teacher. Junior Recitals and Senior Music Education Recitals should be no less than 25 minutes and no more than 30 minutes of music per performer including breaks between numbers. Two such recitals must be combined whenever possible to present one full recital. Senior Recitals should contain a maximum of 50 minutes of music and be no longer than one hour including intermission and breaks between works.
4. Complete the Recital Contract
, have it signed by your teacher and all who are involved in your recital, then submit it to Watchorn Hall Room 102 by the appropriate recital scheduling deadline:
Priority Fall Recital Scheduling Deadlines:
- Senior, Graduate & Artist Diploma Recitals: Friday, September 20, 2019
- Junior Recitals: Friday, September 27, 2019
- Non-Degree & Other Recitals: Monday, September 30, 2019
Priority Spring Recital Scheduling Deadlines:
- Senior, Graduate & Artist Diploma Recitals: Monday, December 2, 2019
- Junior Recitals: Friday, December 6, 2019
- Non-Degree & Other Recitals: Monday, December 9, 2019
Please note that recitals must be scheduled at least 6 weeks in advance. Once your recital date is approved, it will be entered in the calendar. The School of Music office will email you a confirmation of your recital date, time and location.
5. Once you receive the email confirmation of your recital date:
- Complete and submit the Pre-Recital Request Form to Watchorn Hall, Room 102 as soon as possible. Be sure to check the room availability on the 25Live prior to submitting the form. Pre-Recitals must be scheduled at least 4 weeks prior to the date of the recital.
- Reply to the email to let the Music Office know if you would like to reserve a room for a reception after your recital.
6. One week prior to the Pre-Recital Date, the Artist Statement and Program Notes must be submitted to Watchorn Hall, Room 102. The guidelines for the Artist Statement and Program Notes can be found in the “Capstone (Recital and Project) Description” section of the Student Handbook. Be sure to bring the Pre-Recital Approval Form
with you to your Pre-Recital, along with a copy of your Artist Statement and Program Notes.
8. A proof of your formatted program will be emailed to you. Please review it and email any corrections no later than 2 business days prior to your recital date. A final version of your program will be emailed to you. You are responsible for printing your program notes and any physical copies of your program you’d like to have to distribute at your recital. A PowerPoint will be provided, if you request one on your Recital Program Form
9. The Post-Recital Reflection should be submitted to the Music Office within two weeks after your recital date. The instructions for this can be found in the “Capstone (Recital and Project) Description” section of the Student Handbook. You cannot receive credit for your recital without completing and submitting all paperwork to the Music Office.
Concert Scheduling Procedure and Forms
This information pertains to all ensemble concert and faculty recital scheduling.
Find an available date via 25Live.
Submit the School of Music Room Request Form to reserve the space.
Complete the *Recital and Concert Services Form and the appropriate *Ensemble Program Form or Recital Program Form.
You may submit the roster and program notes as separate attachments. Office staff will create and duplicate the program.
A program is guaranteed only if the Program Template is received a minimum of 10 working days prior to the concert.
*Electronic submission only
Instructions for submitting an electronic form
Download or save the document to your computer. You may wish to "save as" or rename the document for clarity.
Open the document on your computer.
Enter as much information as possible in the form, saving frequently.
Email email@example.com and be sure to include the document as an attachment.