Frequently Asked Questions

What programs do you offer?

Programs include degree-applicable certificates, ranging from 9-22 months. Certificate program courses may also be taken individually to pursue selected topics or earn credit toward your degree. Programs are available in many disciplines. Enrollment is open, meaning there are no formal admission or application requirements.

Do you offer programs for active military and veterans?

For information regarding Military & Veteran's Services, contact Monique Pope
at 909.748.8337 and

Where are programs offered?

All School of Continuing Studies courses will be online until further notice.

When are courses and workshops offered?

All programs are offered throughout the year. Certificate courses are typically scheduled one evening per week. Workshops and individual courses are scheduled in convenient daytime or late afternoon formats.

I have no college education. Can I still enroll?

Yes. Anyone can enroll in our courses. The only certificate that has a prerequisite is our Accounting program.

How do I enroll?

Select a course and check out through the shopping cart. A confirmation email containing course and program information will be sent to you.

Do I need to apply for admission to the University of Redlands before I register for a course?

No. All courses are open enrollment. Simply choose the course you want and register.

Can I transfer courses I took at another university to earn my certificate?

You may transfer up to half of the required units from a regionally accredited college or university. You must show proof of earning a passing grade in the course(s), and the course(s) must be similar to the certificate course(s) for which you are seeking the credit.

May I take a course before I register for a certificate?

You may take one or more courses before deciding to pursue a certificate program.

Can I earn college credit for SCS courses?

Yes. Most SCS courses offer undergraduate-level college credit.

Does SCS offer financial aid or student loans?

If you are pursuing a Prep Year or degree program, you may qualify for Federal Financial Aid. Private student loans from Wells Fargo Bank are also available.

Unfortunately, we do not offer financial aid or federal student loans for certificate programs. Students pay for each course upfront, but on a course-by-course basis. This can help break up the cost. Students can also look into private student loans or see if their employer provides education funding.

For more information, contact

I am recently unemployed. Are there funds available for retraining?

Unemployed or underemployed workers may receive government funding to pursue a certificate. Contact your local Employment Development Department (EDD) to find out if you are eligible.

Will my employer cover the cost?

Consult with your human resources or training department for details.

Are there tax credits or deductions available?

Several tax credits or deductions are available for continuing education including the $1,500 Hope Scholarship Tax Credit and the Lifetime Learning Credit (20% of the first $5,000 in expenses). Consult your tax advisor for more details.

How do I contact my instructor?

To email an instructor, use (please note, some instructors use personal email addresses, and may not respond to an email sent to their Redlands address).

How do I view my grades?

To access unofficial transcripts and grades, visit "Student Planning" from your MyRedlands account.

How do I order a transcript?

To order an official transcript, visit

Who may I contact about billing or refunds?

For payment, billing, receipts, or refund information, contact Student Financial Services at 909.748.8047 or

Where can I get help with my Moodle account?

If you forget your password, or have trouble accessing your account, please contact Cheryl Robbins at 909.748.8319 or

I’m a UTC student. Where can I find support information for my program?

What qualifications are required to teach a course?

Typically, instructors possess a graduate degree from a regionally accredited university, college-level teaching or training experience, and extensive expertise in the field. If you are interested in teaching, please forward your resume or CV to

More questions?

Call 909.748.8868. An Enrollment Coordinator is available to speak with you.