Explore photography’s place in contemporary and historical society as a commercial, social, and artistic medium. Using the leading method of digital photography—the smartphone camera—students produce original work in response to a series of lectures, online discussions, readings, and assignments.
You’ll discover how to:
• Identify, analyze, and create images with a technical understanding of form, contrast, light, and cropping
• Assess contemporary photographic images and theories in culture
• Articulate interpretations of technical, conceptual, and aesthetic qualities of art and photographic works
• Employ a working knowledge and understanding of visual light and how a camera creates imagery with it
• Compose an artist statement that contextualizes your work
• Execute photographic ideas that distinguish their place in the history of photography
• Examine contemporary photography's place in art, commerce, social media, and other cultural contexts through discussion and image analysis and interpretation
The Early Bird discount applies to students who register and pay for their classes 14 days before the start of the class using the online shopping cart.
For assistance with registration, please email email@example.com.
Select a campus to filter by…