On-Campus Student Employment
We provide a variety of resources for students seeking to support themselves through part-time work. We encourage no more than 15–20 hours per week during the semester, as your primary focus is on studies. At times the GST may employ students in positions that otherwise would be filled as staff positions. Per-hour rates will be set on a case-by-case basis. Open positions will be posted on Handshake (see below), the West Wing Herald newsletter, and at Holy Grounds coffee house.
Information and Resource Links
- Please visit our Office of Career & Professional Development for information & recommendations to help students seeking employment.
- Current Ministry positions are posted on Handshake. We recommend you sign up!
- Search online (on Craigslist and Next Door, for example)
- Use a local employment agency and/or the local newspapers, such as the Marin Independent Journal, marinij.com, the Ross Valley Reporter, marinscope.com, or the San Francisco Chronicle, sfgate.com/jobs
- Do you have a free LinkedIn profile? This can be a great way to network and search!
- CareerPoint Marin is our local job center resource for the county. They can help you with cover letters, resumes, and job search efforts.
International students with F-1 visas can find detailed information on our Employment Options under the F-1 Visa page.