Bachelor of Arts
By graduation, Spanish majors will be able to:
1. Compose written arguments at an advanced level of proficiency with proper syntactical and grammatical structures.
2. Communicate orally with native or near native proficiency in the target language.
3. Produce a senior thesis/project with a clear thesis statement, a logical structure, convincing evidence, and persuasive analysis.
1. Analyze and interpret literary and cultural traditions, such as major movements, writers, and works of the Spanish-speaking world, focusing ideally on multiple traditions.
2. Read critically, interpret analytically, and write coherently about major texts produced in the Spanish-speaking world.
III. Cultural Competence
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the major cultural trends of different Hispanic cultures.