Welcome! If you're here, it means you are re-considering your college path. Johnston faculty, students, and staff have collectively worked for 50 years to create intentional education and community. While each Johnston student crafts a unique educational path, we work collaboratively to live and learn together.
(1) Contact M. G. Maloney, assistant director of Johnston to schedule a meeting.
firstname.lastname@example.org l phone: 909-748-8393 l office: Bekins-Holt office 102
(2) Review the Johnston Web pages for an overview of Johnston's academic and living-learning community.
(3) Identify a "Johnston friendly" advisor. To start, ask your current advisor if they advise Johnston students. If they do not, ask MG for a recommendation when you meet with her.
(4) Submit your Sophomore Contract (in print) to Kerry Robles, Department Coordinator in the Johnston Office, Bekins Hall 112, in early OCTOBER 2020 (specific deadline TBD). Please note: your contract's cover page must be signed by you and your advisor with a note attached of the October/November dates and times when both you and your advisor are available to meet with a committee to discuss your Sophomore Contract.
(5) Consider attending Johnston Community Meetings, every Tuesday @ 4pm in Holt Lobby. These meetings are OPEN to ALL! At these meetings you can meet the Johnston Center Intern(s) and discuss how to join the Johnston community before you are officially a Johnston student.
(6) Consider enrolling in a Johnston JNST seminar.You don't have to be a Johnston student to take a JNST seminar!
*Please note, students must have less than 48 units completed by spring of 2020, in order to transfer into Johnston. This is to allow for plenty of time for you to complete the map to your education which is the Sophomore Contract!
**Optional** Read about Johnston's 50-year history, as an established leader in alternative education: