Student Commencement Speaker Contest
Undergraduate and graduate students who are eligible to participate in the 2020 School of Business Commencement are invited to enter the Student Commencement Speaker Contest.
Do you have an interesting story of inspiration or transformation related to your learning experience? Is your story relevant to a demographically diverse audience of graduates as well as their family and friends?
If so, share your story by participating in the Student Commencement Speaker Contest!
Submit your proposed written speech for review and consideration.Your speech proposal must include:
- Your name and current contact information
- One paragraph explaining why you entered the contest
- Your 5-minute written speech
Email your completed speech proposal to Christine_Taitano@redlands.edu on or before Friday, February 7, 2020 as an attached MS Word or PDF file.
- Participants must be eligible to participate in the 2020 Commencement.
- Any submitted work must be original and may not violate any laws such as copyright, trademark, intellectual property or any other ownership rights.
- By participating in this contest, you agree that U of R may use your photo and post content for marketing and advertising purposes.
Contest Submission, Voting, and Selection Timelines
Each story of inspiration and transformation is wonderful in its own right, yet there can only be one Student Commencement Speaker.
- Submit your speech by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, February 7, 2020.
- A panel of School of Business faculty and administrators will review the Proposals and select three (3) finalists by mid February 2020.
- The 3 finalists must submit a video of your speech and participate in an interview by late February 2020.
- The panel will select the Student Commencement Speaker by early March 2020.