Message on 5/9: Prepare for Room Draw
In preparation for Room Draw next week, we are following up to encourage you to complete the steps below if you have not already. You will receive an email by the end of Friday, May 13th with information regarding your assigned date and time to participate in Room Draw.
Prepare for Room Draw...
- Personal Profile: Visit the MyRedlands Housing Portal and update your Personal Profile for Fall 2022.
- Roommate(s)/Suitemate(s): Search and match with roommate(s) and suitemate(s) under Housing and Roommate Selection by selecting Roommates/Suitemates and filtering the term to Fall 2022 (CAS). Approve matches with all students of which you plan to share a room and/or suite-style living arrangement. During the Room Draw process, you will identify a roommate or suitemate designation for each matched student, while also placing them in a particular bed arrangement.
- Room Draw: Participate in Room Draw, the week of May 16th, during the best selection date/time for your matched housing group to select your room. You will receive your assigned date and time, based on course and academic standing, with detailed information sent via email to your Redlands account on Friday, May 13, 2022. The apartments and halls included in Room Draw will be the Brockton and Grove Apartments and California, Cortner, Fairmont, Founders, Grossmont, Melrose, Merriam, and North Halls.
- Consolidations: Throughout the Room Draw process, Residence Life and Housing actively reconfigures some housing arrangements to optimize selection options for the students who have yet to participate. For example, should two students select one space each in two double rooms, those two students would be reassigned as roommates to provide two students who want to be roommates the opportunity to select a double room instead of splitting up. In the event a student is consolidated, every effort is made to maintain the integrity of the original selection such as building location, room size, and bathroom type.
- Generic Housing: It is common that in some years, as the week of Room Draw nears the end, we decide to pause the process in order to allow additional time to do a more thorough consolidation process (outlined above). provide the remaining students with the best available housing options to select.
Should you have any questions, please contact Residence Life and Housing at RLH@redlands.edu.
Residence Life and Housing
University of Redlands