Housing Selection and Placement Process 2023-24 Reminders
We are following up on the Housing Selection and Placement Process message with some additional information and reminders. Please review all the information below thoroughly, as many of your questions will be answered.
Are you graduating this year, already approved and going to live off-campus, or studying abroad in the fall semester? Don't worry! No housing selection action is needed on your part. We merely send this message to all current students to make sure to not miss anyone returning for another year who needs housing.
Due Tomorrow, April 4th
- Students interested in requesting a housing accommodation for the coming year must complete the Accommodations Process with Academic Success and Accessibility (ASA).
Off Campus Petition
- As a follow-up to the University notices only those who meet one of the four published exemption criteria will be considered for the coming 2023-2024 academic year. Learn more about the Off Campus Petition Process on our website and complete the petition on your MyRedlands Housing Portal under Applications and Forms.
- This application is for students who want to be considered for placement in a quad room, which are limited in number. The selection of students is completed in collaboration with Student Financial Services (SFS). Each student who wants to be considered should complete the application on the MyRedlands Housing Portal under Applications and Forms.
Prepare for Room Draw
- Personal Profile Visit the MyRedlands Housing Portal and update your Personal Profile for Fall 2023.
- Roommate(s)/Suitemate(s) Search and match with roommate(s) and suitemate(s) under Housing and Roommate Selection by selecting Roommates/Suitemates and filtering the term to Fall 2023. Approve matches with all students of which you plan to share a room and/or suite-style living arrangement. During the Room Draw process, you will identify a roommate or suitemate designation for each matched student, while also placing them in a particular bed arrangement.
- Room Draw Participate in Room Draw, the week of May 16th, during the best selection date/time for your matched housing group to select your room. You will receive your assigned date and time, based on class and academic standing, with detailed information sent via email to your Redlands account on Wednesday, May 10, 2023. The communities included in Room Draw will be Anderson, Brockton Apartments, California, Cortner, Founders, Grossmont, Melrose, and Merriam Halls.
- Consolidations After the Room Draw process has finished, Residence Life and Housing will place students who did not participate, in a housing assignment, reconfigure some housing arrangements to optimize placements, and facilitate the Waiting List requests. Students will be notified via their Redlands email account if / when they have been assigned a new space.
- Waiting List This application will become available after the Room Draw process has finished, as changes to housing assignments take place throughout the summer. If you would like to be considered for an alternate housing assignment (e.g. your building preference was full on your Room Draw selection time), use this application. Please be aware that priority for single rooms is first given to students with an approved single room housing accommodation using the process above.
- Update on Merriam For the 2023-24 academic year, Merriam Hall will offer single occupancy rooms. These rooms will be open for selection during Room Draw.
May Term 2023
- Students not enrolled in a May Term course must check-out of their current spring housing assignment by Sunday, April 23, 2023 at 2pm.
- Student athletes who continue to compete are permitted to remain in University housing and will receive a separate communication on their housing assignment if their building was consolidated. Student athletes are expected to check-out of their room within 24 hours of their last competition or return to campus after travel.
- Each year the University closes some residential communities for May Term. Those locations will be East, Grove, Holt, Merriam, North, and Williams. Students staying for May Term residing in these communities will be relocated to a different, comparable room assignment for the duration of May. They will be notified of their new assignments at the beginning of April and move on Saturday, April 29, 2023.
- Students enrolled in a May Term and living on campus will be charged for a meal plan during May Term.
- College of Arts and Sciences students who began attendance at the University prior to Fall 2022 will be extended one additional residential May Term free of housing charges during May 2023.
- Organizational houses must have at least two residents enrolled in a May Term to remain residential and only those enrolled in a May Term are eligible to live in the house. May Term rosters are due to email@example.com by April 14th.
Should you have any questions, please contact Residence Life and Housing at RLH@redlands.edu.
Residence Life and Housing
University of Redlands