Message on 4/12: Housing Selection and Placement Process Reminders
We are following up the Housing Selection and Placement Process message with some additional information and reminders. Please review all the information below thoroughly, as many of your questions will be answered.
Are you graduating this year, approved and going to live off-campus, or studying abroad in the fall semester? Don't worry! No housing selection action is needed on your part. We merely send this message to all current students to make sure to not miss anyone returning for another year who needs housing.
- Off-campus Petition - due Wednesday, April 13th As a follow-up to the University notices on December 17, 2021 and February 8, 2022, only those who meet one of the four published exemption criteria will be considered for the coming 2022-2023 academic year. Learn more about the Off-campus Petition process on our website and complete the petition on the MyRedlands Housing Portal.
Coming Fall 2022...
- Wellness Floor - due Wednesday, May 4th Located in the basement floor of Melrose Hall, the Wellness Floor is for students interested in a substance-free and wellness-oriented lifestyle. Students living on this floor will participate in special programming and activities tailored to wellness. Activities will be planned by community members during times when substance use is high, such as on weekend nights. Those living in this location agree not to possess or return to the community having consumed alcohol or other substances. Each student must apply on the MyRedlands Housing Portal to be considered.
Prepare for Room Draw...
- Personal Profile: Visit the MyRedlands Housing Portal and update your Personal Profile for Fall 2022.
- Roommate(s)/Suitemate(s): Search and match with roommate(s) and suitemate(s) under Housing and Roommate Selection by selecting Roommates/Suitemates and filtering the term to Fall 2022 (CAS). Approve matches with all students of which you plan to share a room and/or suite-style living arrangement. During the Room Draw process, you will identify a roommate or suitemate designation for each matched student, while also placing them in a particular bed arrangement.
- Room Draw: Participate in Room Draw, the week of May 16th, during the best selection date/time for your matched housing group to select your room. You will receive your assigned date and time, based on course and academic standing, with detailed information sent via email to your Redlands account on Friday, May 13, 2022. The apartments and halls included in Room Draw will be the Brockton and Grove Apartments and California, Cortner, Fairmont, Founders, Grossmont, Melrose, Merriam, and North Halls.
- Consolidations: After the Room Draw process has finished, Residence Life and Housing will place students who did not participate in a housing assignment, as well as reconfigure some housing arrangements to optimize placements and facilitate Waiting List requests. Students on the Waiting List will be notified via their Redlands email account when they have been assigned a new space that meets their preference.
- Generic Housing: It is common that in some years, as the week of Room Draw nears the end, we decide to pause the process in order to allow additional time to do a more thorough consolidation process (outlined above). This allows the opportunity to provide the remaining students with the best available housing options to select. Should this happen, we will reach out to the remaining students via email to let them know they have been given a Generic Housing assignment as a placeholder. We use this to ensure all remaining students are notified when the housing process will resume and the next steps to take.
Should you have any questions, please contact Residence Life and Housing at RLH@redlands.edu.
Residence Life and Housing
University of Redlands