Housing Selection and Placement Process
2019-2020 Academic Year
All applications and forms are found on the MyRedlands Housing Portal.
New students may begin the housing process once they have made their deposit. Deposited students will receive their Redlands login information to gain access to the MyRedlands Housing Portal. They will also be directed to the New Student Checklist with step by step instructions for completing the process, including filling out the Housing Intention Form. Students will be placed in Anderson, East, Fairmont, North, and Williams Halls.
Returning students participate each spring in the Housing Selection and Placement Process to secure housing for the following full academic year. Students generally stay in the same room through the fall, spring, and May Term of the academic year. Below is a timeline outlining important process dates. Use the list below to learn more about housing options and what to complete for the various processes.
- Tuesday, February 19th
- Accommodation Requests due by 5PM in hard copy to Academic Success and Disability Services under the Library.
- Have a housing accommodation? You will be contacted individually about your accommodation and how you will be placed.
- Tuesday, March 5th
- Off Campus Petitions due by 5PM with notifications on March 15th, May 24th, and July 19th. To be considered, all students MUST complete the online Off Campus Workshop and receive an 80% or higher on the corresponding quiz. If a student does not complete this or fails to achieve an 80%, that student's petition for off campus will not be considered; no exception. Instructions to complete the workshop will be sent to those who submit a petition on March 6th, due by March 13th.
- Already approved for off campus status? No action is needed.
- Organizational House Applications due by 5PM
- Tuesday, March 12th
- Open Houses from 9-10PM in all communities to tour and learn about the living experiences. Check with your CA for more information.
- Apartment Applications due by 5PM with selection March 19th.
- Organizational House Rosters due by 5PM.
- Tuesday, March 19th
- Senior Room Draw for students with 96 credits or more. Students will receive a selection time and detailed information via their Redlands email account prior to Room Draw. The halls included in this selection are California, Cortner, Founders, Melrose, and Merriam Halls.
- Wednesday, March 20th
- Junior Room Draw for students with 64-95 credits. Students will receive a selection time and detailed information via their Redlands email account prior to Room Draw. The halls included in this selection, based on availability from prior draws, are California, Cortner, Founders, Melrose, and Merriam Halls.
- Thursday, March 21st
- Sophomore Room Draw for students with 63 credits or fewer. Students will receive a selection time and detailed information via their Redlands email account prior to Room Draw. The halls included in this selection, based on availability from prior draws, are California, Cortner, Founders, Grossmont, Melrose, and Merriam Halls.
- After Sophomore Room Draw Residence Life and Housing will work on placing students who did not participate in Room Draw.
- Singles and Hall Change Waiting Lists will become available after the Housing Selection and Placement Process has finished, as single rooms (with priority first given to students with medical accommodations) and changes are limited in number.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT HOUSING OPTIONS, PLEASE SEE:
Should you have any questions please contact Residence Life and Housing at RLH@redlands.edu or Student Affairs at (909) 748-8053.
GOING ABROAD OR TAKING A LEAVE OF ABSENCE:
Studying abroad during the fall semester or full academic year? You must complete the Accommodation Request and Off Campus Petition to be considered for these housing options when you return. However, no other housing selection processes are needed from you. You will receive the workshop information electronically to complete while away. You will be contacted in the fall semester with information about selecting your room and roommate(s) for your spring return.
Currently on a Leave of Absence? Students currently on a LOA who have indicated they'll return in the Fall, please participate in the Housing Selection and Placement Process as a returning student.
Taking a Leave of Absence for Fall or withdrawing from the University? Students planning to take a Leave of Absence for the Fall semester or leaving the University DO NOT take part in the process. These students must complete an exit interview after formal notification.