The Housing Selection and Placement Process for the 2020-2021 academic year will take place next week! You will participate in this process to secure housing for the following full academic year, so please thoroughly review these steps below.
Interested in living in an environment that is substance-free?
Fill out the application on your MyRedlands Housing Portal to be considered for our substance-free living community on a floor in Melrose Hall for the coming year.
1) Review all the responses we have outlined for the variety of questions received in this COVID-19 Housing FAQ. Many unknowns remain as we develop what the year will look like, and we will use this format to continue to provide relevant decisions and explanations regarding what to expect.
2) Visit your MyRedlands Housing Portal to update your Personal Profile using Update Information for Fall 2020. You may also share a narrative about yourself for other students to review when searching for a possible roommate under Roommate Profile.
3) Select your roommate and suitemate(s) if applicable, under Housing and Roommate Selection, by selecting Roommates/Suitemates and using the search criteria to locate fellow students. To be able to place yourselves together in a room/suite, each person you select to be a roommate or suitemate will then visit their own MyRedlands Housing Portal to confirm the match. By being matched, the student with the best Room Draw date and time will be able to select rooms and bed spaces on behalf of each person within their group.
4) Participate in Room Draw to select your room. Students will receive a selection time and detailed information via their Redlands email account before Room Draw. The apartments and halls included in this selection are the Brockton and Grove Apartments, along with California, Cortner, Founders, Grossmont, Melrose, and Merriam Halls.
- Wednesday, June 24th Room Draw for Seniors (96+ credits) and Juniors (64-95 credits)
- Thursday, June 25th Room Draw for Sophomores (63 credits or fewer)
- After Sophomore Room Draw Residence Life and Housing will place students who did not participate, as well as move students from the Waiting List. If a student is on the Waiting List, they will be notified via their Redlands email when another space is available.
- The Waiting List will become available after the Housing Selection and Placement Process has finished.
Going abroad or taking a leave of absence in the Fall? You will be contacted during the fall semester via your Redlands email account with information about selecting your room and roommate(s) for your spring return. Students planning to take a Leave of Absence for the Fall semester must follow the information linked here to notify the University.
Currently on a Leave of Absence? Students currently on an LOA, who have indicated they will return in the Fall with the Registrar's Office, please participate in the Housing Selection and Placement Process as a returning student.
Plan for Fall 2020: Returning students will move into their communities on Monday, August 24th, and Tuesday, August 25th, by appointment only. More information about how to sign-up will be forthcoming.
Think about May Term and Summer Closing 2021: Students not staying for May Term must check out by [date to be determined with the spring semester academic calendar decision]. Also, each year the University closes some residence halls for May Term. This May those halls with likely be East Hall, Melrose Hall, North Hall, Williams Hall, and the Grove Apartments. Students staying for May Term residing in these communities will be relocated to a different comparable room assignment for May. They will be notified of their new assignments at the beginning of April. Students staying over May Term will need to check out of their community by [date to be determined with the spring semester academic calendar decision].
Should you have any questions, please contact Residence Life and Housing at RLH@redlands.edu.