CA Application Process
2020-2021 RLH Staff Selection Timeline
(Interested in being a Johnston Community Assistant in Bekins or Bekins-Holt? Please contact Margaret_Ruopp@redlands.edu for inquiries.)
- Apply to be a CA by February 7th on the MyRedlands Housing Portal under Applications and Forms.
- Interview Process The interview process has three parts to allow for candidates to thoroughly understand the CA role and enable the hiring team the opportunity to spend time getting to know the candidates and their skills.
1. RLH Workshops Candidates are required to attend at least one* of the workshops, based on their interests and availability. Attending more, however, is recommended to prepare for the individual interview and provide more face-to-face time between candidates and the hiring team. Note there are 5 different sessions offered, repeating twice, so you do not need to go to the same session twice.
- January 27th at 6 pm in Orton - Balancing Act: School, CA, personal wellness, and how to balance them all.
- January 28th at 4 pm in Orton - Duties as Assigned: Explore the nuances of the CA job by learning about the job description, contract, and department policies.
- January 29th at 7 pm in Gregory 177 - Community Building: Why we do what we do.
- January 30th at 9 pm in Bulldog Room - Event Planning 101: Planning an event is more than ordering pizza and we want to show you how. Plus, learn the value of an intentional interaction!
- January 31st at 5 pm in Casa Loma Room - Conflict Resolution: Learn the skills needed to have difficult conversations.
- February 3rd at 8 pm in Gregory 177 - Conflict Resolution: Learn the skills needed to have difficult conversations.
- February 4th at 9 pm in Orton - Community Building: Why we do what we do.
- February 5th at 6 pm in Orton - Event Planning 101: Planning an event is more than ordering pizza and we want to show you how. Plus, learn the value of an intentional interaction!
- February 6th at 7 pm in Gregory 271 - Balancing Act: School, CA, personal wellness, and how to balance them all.
- February 7th at 5 pm in Orton - Duties as Assigned: Explore the nuances of the CA job by learning about the job description, contract, and department policies.
2. Candidate and Staff Social (Optional but encouraged!) Come spend some time with the hiring team and current staff members to get to know each other on February 18th from 8-9 pm in the Casa Loma Room. We'll have snacks and activities, so feel free to drop in or stay the whole time.
3. Individual Interview Sign up for an individual interview time HERE. Individual interviews will take place the week of February 10-14. Please arrive early and wait outside your room location for an interviewer to come get you. Business casual attire is recommended.
- Resume of Work and Related Experience
- Bring a copy of your resume, ready to speak about it, to your individual interview.
- Need resume help? Contact the Office of Career and Professional Development located in the Armacost Library, room 116 (1st floor, North hallway, across from ResNet). Make an appointment at OCPD@redlands.edu.
- Are you a returning candidate?
- Prepare a 3-5 minute presentation sharing what you believe we should know about you in consideration of rehiring you for next year's staff.
- Should you be interested in the CD role, be sure to speak to your interest in that position within your presentation.
- All applications, including those for CD and returning CA candidates, are due February 7th.
- Notification Letters will be sent on February 21st via Redlands email accounts by 5 pm.
- Acceptance Letters must be returned by March 2nd at 5 pm.
- SAVE THE DATE! The RLH Welcome Dinner for 2020-2021 staff will be March 12th at 5 pm in the Casa Loma Room.