Bekins Hall was the first hall built on the campus. It was funded with a gift from Mr. and Mrs. Martin Bekins and their daughter, freshman Ruth Bekins '1913, who wielded the shovel in the groundbreaking ceremony on February 9, 1910. Bekins and Holt halls house about 100 students in the Johnston Center. Together, these neighboring halls provide a home to Johnston's intentional community model. These halls primarily house Johnston students and 13 faculty offices. In addition, there is a coffeehouse, computer center, music room and numerous lobbies where students and professors can gather.
For more information on the Johnston Program, visit their website!