Central Avenue Apartments at 1111 East Central Avenue, Redlands, CA 92374
The University owns and manages the Central Avenue Apartments, adjacent to and within a short walking distance of the campus. The complex houses graduate students, occasionally including their family, as well as visiting faculty members and the property manager. All apartments are single-story and furnished with a mixture of duplexes and cottages clustered around a private driveway and community pool. All rooms are single occupancy with one and two-bedroom apartment options available, however, other arrangements may be made for particular circumstances.
The monthly rental fees are competitive with the local rental market and based on the apartment size and occupancy. Rent rates at the Central Avenue Apartments are established by the University’s Office of Business and Finance and are updated annually effective the first day of September based upon the type and size of the apartment and nature of occupancy.
• Bedroom (XL twin or double bed depending on apartment layout), living room and dining room furniture
• Campus high-speed network connections in each bedroom and living room
• Kitchen appliances including stove, refrigerator, microwave, and basic kitchenware
• Laundry facilities on-site
• Use of the pool
• Heating and air conditioning units
• Weekly bathroom cleaning in each unit
• Individually keyed bedroom doors
• Utilities - Electricity, Gas, Water, and Trash
• Apartments are cable-ready (students responsible for purchasing their own cable and telephone)
Information to Know:
• GIS students are strongly encouraged to live in the Central Avenue Apartments as is creates a sense of community and camaraderie unique to the MS GIS program.
• Housing assignments are on a first-come, first-serve basis. Since one-bedroom apartments are in high demand, it is important to complete the Graduate Student Housing Intention Form as soon as possible. Your
preferences will be taken into account when assigning housing and you will receive confirmation prior to your program start date.
• Housing is not guaranteed and based upon availability.
• No pets of any kind are allowed in the community.
• No smoking of any kind is permitted in an apartment.
Check-In and Out:
• Times are coordinated by appointment only through Kathy Hubbard at (909) 335-1720 with five days advance notice.
For questions, please contact Residence Life and Housing at RLH@redlands.edu or call (909) 748-8053.