First-Year Journey Travel Information and Schedule
First-Year Journey 2020 Schedule-UPDATE June 19, 2020
- Friday, June 19th: Updated FYJ Application is available.
- Wednesday, July 8th: Applications are due.
- Friday, July 10th: Trip Assignments are sent via email to Applicants.
- Friday, July 24th: Trip Payment is due.
- Friday, August 7th: Final Paperwork Due.
First Year Journey On Campus Dates 2020
- Saturday, August 15th, 2020 by 4pm: FYJ Participants arrive and if living on-campus, check in to their residence halls.
- August 16th, 2020: First day of FYJ activities on campus! Introductions and activities including pre-trip meetings, equipment checks, and academic connections. Students will be sleeping in their residence halls tonight! Off campus students may go home and return the next morning at designated times.
- August 17th, 2020: Students embark on their journeys.
- August 17th-August 21st, 2020: Students on course.
- August 21st, 2020: First Year Journey wrap-up, reflection, and celebration dinner.
- August 22nd & 23rd, 2020: New Student Move In (for students who did not participate in a First Year Journey).
- August 24th, 2020: New Student Orientation program begins
How to Reserve Rental Gear
Your FYJ acceptance packet will include a list of needed gear and equipment. Items on the list marked with an asterisk (*) are available to rent from the Outdoor Programs Rental Shop. All rentals are included in your trip costs. However, you will be required to leave a credit card deposit upon pickup. Rental gear will be picked up from the Outdoor Programs Rental Shop before you leave for your trip.
If you need to rent gear, contact email@example.com.
Residence Hall Check-in
All FYJ participants who will live on campus must check into their residence hall and room between 1-4 p.m. on the day they arrive. You'll spend the first two nights in your room before departing for your Journey. Check-in times will be included in your acceptance information email.
Ontario Airport Shuttles
Upon acceptance into a scheduled FYJ trip, you'll receive a travel information sheet that contains information about flights and shuttles to campus. Several free shuttles will be available 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. from Ontario Airport to campus on the day you arrive.
Have a travel question?
Contact Andrew Hollis, director of recreation, at 909.748.8098 or Andrew_Hollis@redlands.edu.