First-Year Journey Travel Information and Schedule
Extended Application Deadline: Saturday, July 13th
First-Year Journey 2019 Schedule
- Friday March 4: 2019 First Year Journey Trips are announced
- Friday March 8: 2019 First Year Journey Applications Available
- Friday June 14 at 5:00pm: Initial applications are due.
- Saturday July 13th at 5:00pm: Extended Application Deadline
- Sunday, July 14: Initial Paperwork and Payment due.
First Year Journey On Campus Dates 2019
- Tuesday, August 20 by 4pm: FYJ Participants arrive and if living on-campus, check in to their residence halls.
- August 21: First day of FYJ activities on campus! Large group introductions and activities including pre-trip meetings, equipment checks, and academic connections. Students will be sleeping in their residence halls tonight! Off campus students may go home and return the next morning at designated times.
- August 22: Students embark on their journeys.
- August 22-26: Students on course.
- August 26: First Year Journey wrap-up, reflection, and celebration dinner.
- August 27: Free day on campus to relax/complete move in.
- August 28: First Year Orientation program
How to Reserve Rental Gear
Your FYJ acceptance packet will include a list of needed gear and equipment. Items on the list marked with an asterisk (*) are available to rent from the Outdoor Programs Rental Shop. All rentals are included in your trip costs. However, you will be required to leave a credit card deposit upon pickup. Rental gear will be picked up from the Outdoor Programs Rental Shop before you leave for your trip.
If you need to rent gear, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Residence Hall Check-in
All FYJ participants who will live on campus must check into their residence hall and room between 1-4 p.m. on the day they arrive. You'll spend the first two nights in your room before departing for your Journey. Check-in times will be included in your acceptance information email.
Ontario Airport Shuttles
Upon acceptance into a scheduled FYJ trip, you'll receive a travel information sheet that contains information about flights and shuttles to campus. Several free shuttles will be available 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. from Ontario Airport to campus on the day you arrive.
Have a travel question?
Contact Andrew Hollis, director of recreation, at 909.748.8098 or Andrew_Hollis@redlands.edu.