Nickname: Chi Rho Psi
Colors: Red, White, and Black
Values: Aspire Nobly, Adventure Daringly, Serve Humbly
Year Founded: 1927 (Re-Founded in 2001)
Chi Rho Psi was founded on the principles of brotherhood, academics and community service. Chi Rho Psi members are involved in all aspects of the U of R community such as Big Buddies, swimming, football, music and Habitat for Humanity. Activities for community service have included helping the Red Cross during the 2003 wild fires, Hoop Shots at the YMCA, Redlands Recreation Department and sponsoring Health and Fitness Week and Disability Awareness Week.
On May 6, 1936, the fraternities of Phi Epsilon and Phi Delta Tau merged to create Chi Sigma Chi. Keeping with the spirit of our founding; the fraternity believes that a brother of Chi Sigma Chi is not expected to give up his personal rights, beliefs or liberties. However, he is expected to maintain the ideals and Spirit of the Fraternity while strengthening the brotherhood through his diversity.
Kappa Sigma Sigma has been working with the campus and the Redlands community for 100 years. The Men of Kappa Sigma Sigma stand for maintaining tradition and professionalism. The organization is always striving to hold themselves to a higher standard when it comes to academics, professionalism, morals, and involvement on campus. Each year the organization hikes up to the "R" as a tribute of those who made the monument over a hundred years ago. During the 1950's-‘60's the "R" was forgotten, and was revitalized by members of Kappa Sigma Sigma.
The Pi Chi fraternity is the oldest Greek organization on campus, having been established in 1909. With being the oldest comes the great honor of having a deep and well-connected network of alumni. Pi Chi makes a pledge to make good men greater, to be honest and to be their best no matter the situation or circumstance. We take great pride in the fact that several buildings, rooms, and facilities on campus are named after Pi Chi alumni. We welcome all to come visit us at our house, which was built by our brothers in the 1950s.
Redlands is currently host to six local fraternities. Each fraternity is a member of the InterFraternity Council which serves as the governing authority over the six Bulldog fraternities.